A-Z Index

Health Insurance

Every student pays a designated Wellness Fee as part of Northwest tuition. This fee covers clinical office visit charges, not paid by insurance; co-pays for clinic visits; counseling visits; access to health education; and promotion programming. There are some medical fees not covered and these can be obtained by contacting Wellness Services.

All Northwest students are encouraged to have health insurance coverage. It is your responsibility to know your insurance coverage and how to access it. Please contact your health insurance provider if you have questions about your health insurance coverage of University Wellness Services services.

Property Insurance

The University does not assume responsibility for the personal property of students. Therefore, all such property brought on campus is at the resident’s risk. Residents desiring protection of personal belongings should check on coverage provided by family policies or make arrangements to purchase their own policies. Parent’s homeowner insurance may cover the personal belongings of a full-time student while living in a college residence hall. Check with your insurance company to determine if your plan offers this service.

Students are also responsible for insuring notebook computers used by the University against fire, theft and water damage.