A-Z Index

Individualized Language Program

Program(s) Available: Minor

Students may participate in a language immersion program at an approved foreign higher education institution and count up to 24 semester-equivalent credit hours toward this minor. 

Why Study Individualized Language Program at Northwest

Partner institutions and courses of study must be approved in advance by the Study Abroad Office and the Department of Language, Literature, and Writing. Coursework must be taught in a target language other than English, and may not be in the student’s native language.

At least 24 credit hours of coursework must be in a single non-English target language.

At least 3 credit hours of coursework must be completed through Northwest, either in the target language or in English-language delivered courses related to the target language (e.g., history, culture).

The impact of value at Northwest
Right size. Right price.
We understand college is a big investment. Why not attend a school that is invested in you?