Course Information | View or download the Student Guide to Preregistration
Spring 2014 Registration and Verification
Northwest offers a self enrollment system for preregistration through 'CatPAWS. Midterm grades, final grades and academic history records (transcripts) are also available on 'CatPAWS.
If for any reason students cannot use the web-based system, they can enroll or adjust schedules in the Registrar's office with signed pre-enrollment forms or drop/add forms.
Enrollment begins with the initial time and continues through January 19, 2014 for the Spring 2014 trimester.
- Enrollment information will be available to advisors by October 1
- Self-Enrollment times begin October 21
- Initial Enrollment Dates:
Find your classification and total earned credit hours, to determine the first date you may preregister for Spring 2014 classes.
|Grad, Postbac and Honors Program Students:
||0 and above
||130 and above
||50 and above
||120 and above
||45 and above
||110 and above
||40 and above
||100 and above
||35 and above
||90 and above
||30 and above
||80 and above
||20 and above
||75 and above
||15 and above
||70 and above
||10 and above
||65 and above
||5 and above
||60 and above
||0 and above
Eligibility for Self-Enrollment
- Must be enrolled in Fall 2013.
- Have ID and PIN. ID is 9-digit number beginning with 919. It is on the Bearcat ID card.
- Academic advisor accurately reported to Registrar’s Office.
- Have clear record to enroll:
- No transcripts or scores due to the Admissions Office or Graduate Office.
- No past due balance with Bursar’s/Cashiering Office.
- No incomplete assessment.
- Must see advisor for advisement and to receive personal registration password.
- Make an appointment with your advisor.
- Advisors will have enrollment information.
- Obtain your Alternate PIN from your advisor.
- Select classes, including alternate choices, by CRN (Course Reference Number)
- Your academic record can be viewed by you and your advisor through ’Cat PAWS and on your degree audit.
- You can adjust your schedule an unlimited number of times during enrollment periods.
- Cannot enroll for more than one section of a particular course
- Excess credit will be monitored.
- Cannot enroll in a closed class. Must turn in properly signed Schedule Change Form to Registrar's Office.
Northwest Enrollment Verification will be
available Thursday, December 19 through Monday, January 13.
Use your 'CatPAWS account to verify your enrollment and personal information.
Please verify online at your convenience as early as December 19 and by January 13 as follows:
- Go to 'CatPAWS on the Northwest web page
- Click the Login/Secure Area and enter your 919# and PIN
- Click the Student tab
- Click on Verification in the submenu
- Receive notification of any Holds which prevent verification
- Confirm or Update Local Address and Review Permanent Address
- Provide additional billing email addresses
- Provide Emergency Contact Information
- Bearcat Alert Enrollment
Online LATE Verification will be available on Tuesday and Wednesday, January 14 and 15 ONLY. A $15 LATE FEE will be charged to your account.
Your class schedule will be cancelled on Thursday, Jan. 16 if you do not complete online verification.
If you have preregistered and will not be attending the Spring 2014 trimester, please send an email to email@example.com by Friday, Jan. 10 to avoid financial obligation.
If you have questions concerning your enrollment, contact the Registrar's Office at (660) 562-1151.
You must verify in order to receive your undergraduate textbooks. After Online Verification is completed, Textbook Pickup is located in The Station.
|Friday, January 10
||1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
|Sunday, January 12
||1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
|Monday, January 13
||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Any prepackaged textbooks picked up after these designated times will be assessed a late fee.
- Continuing students may contact their advisor for the Alternate PIN to enroll through 'CatPAWS.
- All students may request an electronic copy of the graduate registration form and return the completed form to the Graduate Office no later than two weeks before your class begins. This method is not recommended without advisor consultation.
- All students can complete registration on paper with their advisor and deliver this paperwork to the Graduate Office and then to the Registrar's Office.
- General Registration for the Spring 2014 trimester will be offered Friday, January 10, 1:30 pm - 4 pm in the Administration Building on the Northwest Missouri State University campus.
- Registration is also available through our Outreach Centers located in Kansas City and St. Joseph.
- A full-time graduate student is one who takes nine or more graduate hours in a trimester. A maximum of 16 hours is allowed in a trimester, with no more than seven hours in a four-week summer session. Workshop credits are counted in the academic load. (For financial aid purposes, a student must take five hours during a trimester to be considered a part-time student.)
- Textbooks are available at the Bearcat Bookstore or online at www.nwmissouri.bncollege.com Please contact Textbook Services at 660-562-1150 for 500-level or undergraduate courses to determine textbook availability.
- The Graduate Office, located in the west wing on the second floor of the Administration Building, is open from 8 am - 5 pm, Monday through Friday and can be contacted at 660-562-1145 of firstname.lastname@example.org
Outreach is proud of its history of offering Northwest courses and programs at off-campus sites. Currently courses are offered at the St. Joseph Center at 3500 North Village Drive, Suite 100 South, St. Joseph, and the Kansas City Center, Kansas City, Missouri. To view program availability and directions to these locations, visit the Outreach website at http://www.nwmissouri.edu/outreach. For more information please contact one of the following: