A-Z Index

Frequently Asked Questions

BEFORE YOU ARRIVE - Assumption of Risk

Fill out your Assumption of Risk and Liability Waiver found on CatPAWS before you enter the FFC, SRC, HF, or MOERA!

  • Login to CatPAWS
  • Personal Information Tab
  • Select "Assumption of Risk and Waiver Of Liability for use of The Foster Fitness Center/Student Recreation Center"
  • Follow on-screen instruction to sign the waiver

What activities can I play?

Northwest Campus Recreation provides many different activities.  If you do not see an activity on the list, email or call and check before arriving.

Allowed to Play:
  • Slowpitch Softball, Wiffleball
  • Flag Football
  • Volleyball, Walleyball
  • Basketball
  • Soccer
  • Badminton
  • Table Tennis
  • Yard Games (corn hole, spikeball, ladder golf, speedminton, frisbee, Kan Jam, Bucketball, Bulzibucket, Crossnet)
  • Racquetball
  • Kickball
  • Dodgeball
  • Pickleball (indoor/outdoor)
  • Cricket
  • Disc Golf
  • Tennis (indoor/outdoor)
  • Golf
  • Ultimate Frisbee
  • Sand Volleyball
  • Floor Hockey
  • Video Games

How can I get updated information the quickest?

Follow us on social media! This is the first thing to be updated.

  • Twitter/Instagram/TikTok: @NWCampusRec
  • Facebook: Northwest Campus Recreation
  • Snap Chat: NWrec




  • Front Desk: 660.562.1606
    • Fitness: 660.562.1708
    • Facilities, Operations, Events, Reservations: 660.562-1725
    • Intramural Sports, Sport Clubs: 660.562.1743
    • MOERA: 660.562.1725


Can I bring a friend?

Guest day passes are available to use in the Student Recreation Center and Foster Fitness Center for a $5 purchase. Must sign a waiver, be 18 years old, and be accompanied by a Northwest student/faculty/staff member.

Who can walk in Hughes Fieldhouse?

The Carl and Cheryl Hughes Fieldhouse is available for "community walking" to the following personnel...

  • Northwest students, faculty and staff members (make sure your Assumption of Risk Waiver is signed on CatPAWS...see above FAQ for more info).
  • Maryville Community Center members (with a valid membership, please bring your card to check in at the desk).
  • Northwest Retiree Association (NRA) members (with a valid NRA membership, please bring your card to check in at the desk).

How do I make a reservation?

Facility Reservation - Hughes Fieldhouse, Student Recreation Center, MOERA, Foster Fitness Center, Disc Golf Course

Equipment Reservation - for a list of available equipment, please see the FAQ below.

  • Option 1: 
  • Option 2:
    • Come to the SRC and fill out a form in person - we'd love to see you!
  • Option 3: 
    • Call the front desk 660.562.1606.  If no answer, please call 660.562.1725.

What type of equipment is available to check out?

Team Sports: basketball, volleyball, walleyball, football, soccer, cricket, dodgeball, ultimate frisbee, handball, bubble soccer (knockerball), softball, whiffleball

Individual/Partner Sports: badminton, racquetball, ping pong (table tennis), pickleball, tennis, bowling, speedminton

Outdoor: ladder golf, corn hole (bags), Bucketball, Bulzibucket, Crossnet, spikeball, kan jam, disc golf, frisbee, hula hoop, foam balls

Fitness: jump rope, foam roller, yoga ball

Electronics: microphone, headset, portable speaker, walkie talkie

Other: cones of all sizes, scoreboards (flip/electronic), stop watch

Looking for something else? Contact us at / 660.562.1606.

Who can participate in Intramural Sports?

All full time Northwest students, faculty and staff members can participate, free of charge. High school dual credit students, NW affiliates or community members cannot participate in intramural sports.

How much does it cost to play Intramural Sports?

FREE of charge for all full time Northwest students, faculty and staff members.  Not available for community members/NW affiliates/dual credit students.

*Note, some intramurals may cost an extra fee including golf, trap shooting, etc.

How do I register to play an intramural sport(s)?

  • Go to
  • Sign in
  • Click the Create/Join Team button at the top right of your User Homepage page


  • Click on the "Northwest Missouri State University" link to go to your school's homepage on IMLeagues.
    • The current sports will be displayed, click on the sport you wish to join.
    • Choose the league you wish to play in (Men's, Women's, Co-Rec, Fraternity, Sorority, etc.)
    • Choose the division you'd like to play in (Monday 5PM, Tuesday 5PM, etc.)
  • You can join the sport one of three ways:
    • Create a team (for team captains)
      • Captains can invite members to their team by clicking the "Invite Members" link on the team page.  Any invited members must accept the invitation to be joined to your team.
        • If they've already registered on IMLeagues: search for their name and invite them.
        • If they haven't yet registered on IMLeagues: scroll down to the "Invite by Email Address" box, and input their NORTHWEST email address.
    • Join a team
      • Use the Create/Join Team Button at top right of every page
      • Accepting a request from the captain to join the team
      • Finding the team and captain name on division/league page and requesting to join
      • Going to the captain's playercard page, viewing the team, and requesting to join
    • Join as a Free Agent
      • You can list yourself as a free agent in as many divisions within a league as you'd like.  You will be visible to all members of the site and can request to join teams, post information about yourself so teams can request to add you to their team.  If you're listed as a free agent, we request you to also email the team captain.

How do I create an IMLeagues account to participate in Intramurals?

Takes less than 5 minutes!


  • Go to and click Create Account
    • Enter your information and use your NORTHWEST school email address ( and submit.
  • You will be sent an activation email, click the link in the email to login and activate your IMLeagues account.
  • You should be automatically joined to your school - if not you can search schools by clicking the "Schools" link.

Can I use IMLeagues on my phone?

Yes!  Download the phone app, now!  For more information on how to use it, check out our Instagram highlights @NWCampusRec

Who can participate in Sport Clubs?

Full time Northwest students are eligible to participate in Sport Clubs.  Be sure to attend the Office of Student Involvement's (@NW_OSI) Organizational Fairs in both the fall and spring to connect with the different club members and ask questions!

How do I join a Sport Club?

There are multiple ways!
  • Visit  Click on the Sport Clubs page and view the list of clubs. Contact the club for more information.
  • Email and we can get you connected.

Are there fees associated with Sport Clubs?

Some clubs have club dues - prices are based on each club and what the executive boards decide the fee to be and what it is used for.  There could be some out of pocket fees, depending on how involved you want to be.

Where is the Esports lab located?

With the Grand Opening in Fall 2020, the Esports lab is located in the J.W. Jones Student Union, 3rd floor. Next to the Tower View room.

Who can use MOERA? Do I need to make a reservation?

Everyone!  Students, Faculty/Staff, Community Members. Please make a reservation before coming by emailing / 660.562.1606.  If no answer, please call 660.562.1725.

Where is MOERA located?

MOERA is located at Mozingo Lake Recreation Park, about 10 miles east of Maryville, Missouri on the east side of the lake. 

  • Head to Mozingo Lake Recreation Park and follow the MOERA signs. Once you get on Liberty Road, continue past the golf course.  This road will turn into gravel. Once you are on the gravel, take the first left.

What is MOERA?

Mozingo Outdoor Education and Recreation Area (MOERA).

  • Climbing Elements
    • Odyssey Challenge Course
    • Alpine Tower
    • Carolina Climbing Wall
    • Team Development Course (TDC), ground work
  • Shooting Sports
    • Trap shooting
  • Water programs
    • Canoes, Kayaks, Fishing
  • Trails, Hiking
  • Meeting Room (no wifi)
  • Observatory, operated by the Department of Natural Sciences
  • Outdoor Research Areas, conducted by a variety of departments including Emergency Disaster Management and the Beekeeping Club