A-Z Index

Campus Dining

Meal Memberships

Northwest offers meal options for students both on and off campus. All on campus students must have a meal contract. All of the current meal memberships give you the freedom to eat at any of the dining facilities on campus.

Go to Campus Dining for complete information on meal memberships offered to students.

Meal Membership Changes

Changes will be permitted upon request until the end of the second week of classes for the fall and spring semesters.

To request changes email or stop in the Student Affairs Office on the 2nd floor of the Student Union for help.

Dining Locations

Campus Dining Services caters to all University divisions and offers a wide variety of menu items to the University community. Campus Dining areas are located in the J.W. Jones Student Union, The Station, B.D. Owens Library and the Commons Building in the Forest Village Apartment complex.

Following this link for full descriptions of Campus Dining Locations.

Dining hours

Hours of operation for campus dining locations vary based on the time of year. 

Check out campus dining hours of operation for the most up to date information. 

Bearcat Card

The ID Office, located on the second floor of the Student Union, 660.562.1430, processes Bearcat Cards necessary for access to food service. See Bearcat Card information for policies. Carry the card with you at all times.


With an All-Access meal membership, you are able to eat whatever you’d like, whenever you’d like, as often as you’d like. You do not have to keep track of how much you’ve spent, as swipes to the Bearcat Commons are unlimited. However, if you have Dining Dollars, it will be your responsibility to budget and monitor these funds. Still, we are here to help. In addition, current Dining Dollar balance information can be obtained from any Campus Dining cashier or in the Campus Dining Office.

Guests and Visitors

Be our guest! Guests/visitors may eat in any of the dining areas (cash or card accepted). Check out visitor parking to help grab a bite on campus. 

Campus Parking Map

Additionally, students who have the Gold Membership or the Platinum Membership may use one of the guest passes included in their meal membership. A guest pass can be used by a friend or family member and it gives them a one time access to the Bearcat Commons on the first floor of the Student Union. Students can also pay for a guest’s meal by using their Dining Dollars. However, the student must be present for any of these charges to occur.

Special Diets

Students requiring special diets should contact the dietitian (660.562.1252) to make arrangements. It has been found that most special needs can be met after appropriate consultation. Weight loss programs and commercial diets (i.e., Weight Watchers) are not reasons to cancel a meal plan. Please consult with the dietitian about weight loss programs.

Helpful Hints

  • Make sure you have your Bearcat Card.
  • You must wear a shirt and shoes in all eating areas.
  • Bus your own dirty dishes.
  • No shouting, yelling, or foul language will be tolerated.
  • If you lose your Bearcat card, call the ID Office at 660.562.1430.