A-Z Index

Consortium Agreements

What is a Consortium Agreement?

A consortium agreement is a type of agreement entered into between colleges and/or universities where they recognize a student’s registration at different location for financial aid purposes.

Consortium agreements generally provide that one of the colleges or universities where a student has simultaneously enrolled will be in charge of administering the state/institutional/federal financial aid.

Why would a Consortium Agreement be necessary?

Consortium agreements are for courses that are not available at Northwest and are necessary to complete degree requirements.

If Northwest Missouri State University does not offer a class that is required for your major or degree completion, and you are required to take the class(s) at another institution, you may be eligible for a Consortium Agreement.

How does the Consortium Agreement work?

Northwest Missouri State University would be designated as the “Home Institution” while the other institution will be designated as the “Host Institution”.

The Home Institution is the college or university where a student is registered and will eventually earn their degree from. Where the Host institution is the college or university where a student is temporarily enrolled or is taking a few courses and with the goal of transferring the earned credits back to the Home Institution.

Who do I contact if I think I would be eligible for a Consortium Agreement?

If you feel that you would be eligible for the Consortium Agreement process, you should contact our office directly. Once we have determined you are eligible, you will then need to complete the necessary paperwork to complete the process.

Consortium Agreement Request Form

To receive financial aid from Northwest Missouri State University while attending both Northwest and another institution or solely attending another institution, a Consortium Agreement Request Form must be completed.