A-Z Index

State Authorization for Internships/Practical Experiences

About State Authorization | Complaints | Online Courses | Internships/Practical Experiences

Recent Amendments to the U.S. Higher Education Act of 1965 require post-secondary educational institutions to be legally authorized in a state where practical experience activities such as internships, clinical or field experiences are provided. Northwest Missouri State University has received authorization (or is exempt from the requirement) in the following states as noted:

State authorization for practical experiences



Status of Authorization for Internships, Clinical or Field Experiences

California OK (no physical presence*)

*Physical presence does not refer to the student but Northwest. Each state has different requirements for physical presence. Contact Career Services for state-specific information.

Documents on file at Career Services, AD 130.  Questions on State Authorization for Practical Experiences may be directed to 660.562.1455.