A-Z Index

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get involved in a local alumni chapter?

There are numerous Northwest Alumni and Friends Association chapters in geographical areas throughout the United States. (Locations include Kansas City, Washington DC, St. Joseph, Des Moines, Omaha/Council Bluffs, West Central IA, St. Louis, Central Missouri, and others as well as a Black Alumni, Band, and Theatre alumni chapters. Please contact the office of University Advancement at 660.562.1248 or for more information.

How do I start an alumni chapter in my area?

To inquire about starting an alumni chapter or organizing an alumni and friends event in your area, contact the Office of University Advancement at 660.562.1248 or The alumni office can determine how many Northwest alumni live in your area. Ideally, at least 200 alumni need to live in the geographic area to start the process of establishing an alumni chapter.

How do I receive the Northwest Alumni Magazine?

All Northwest alumni receive the Northwest Alumni Magazine, which is published twice a year. If you are not receiving the publication, or if you would like a copy delivered to your school or business, please contact the Office of University Advancement at 660.562.1248 or For more information about receiving the Northwest Alumni Magazine, read Update Your Information.

What volunteer opportunities are available for Northwest alumni and friends?

There are many volunteer opportunities, including:

  • Hosting an alumni event in your home, business or city
  • Alumni Association Board of Directors
  • Hosting a networking event or social
  • Sharing Admissions recruiting information at schools in your area
  • Be a professional mentor for a student or alumnus
  • Participating in Career Day on campus or facilitating an internship through Career Services
  • Hosting an event for new graduates welcoming them to your city
  • Nominating alumni or friends for an Alumni Award
  • Homecoming
  • Attend a reunion (including the 50th Year Reunion) or participate on a planning committee
  • Attend an athletics or cultural event on campus, including Distinguished Lecture Series
  • Golf outings
  • Helping organize a regional alumni chapter
  • Contacting the Office of Service & Engagement for ways to assist students in volunteer programming
  • Participating in the Bearcat Zone at home football games by helping connect with other alumni and friends at the Alumni tent
  • Host alumni and friends at tailgates at athletic events on the road

For more information on volunteering, contact the Office of University Advancement at 660.562.1248 or

How do I find out about Homecoming?

Information about Homecoming generally can be found on the Northwest website, contact the Office of University Advancement at 660.562.1248 or or the Office of Student Involvement at 660.562.1226.

Are there travel opportunities for Northwest alumni and friends?

The Tourin' Bearcats travel program is open to all Northwest alumni and friends who would like to travel with a group with details prearranged. For more information, visit the Tourin' Bearcats website, contact the office of University Advancement at 660.562.1248 or

Can I have alcohol at Northwest tailgate parties?

Northwest has a new tailgating policy effective fall 2013. Alcohol is now permitted in designated tailgating areas near Raymond J. Courter College Park Pavilion and College Park. For more information about the policy and to learn where tailgating is permissible, visit

Is it safe to use my credit card on the Northwest website when making an online reservation for an event or making an online gift?

Yes. Northwest's website is secure. You'll see that the site meets industry standards for security, indicated by the lock symbol and the https prefix in the URL.

If I recently got married, how do I notify Northwest that my last name has changed?

Please send a copy of your marriage certificate to:

Registrar's Office
Administration Building
800 University Drive
Maryville, MO 64468

How do I get a Missouri license plate with the Northwest logo?

If you are a Missouri resident and have donated at least $25 to Northwest, you may request a Missouri Collegiate License Plate Form to be sent to you. If you submit your donation with a pledge/donation form, there is a box for you to check indicating that you would like to receive a license plate form. You may also contact the Office of University Advancement at 660.562.1248 or to request a license plate form. Take your completed form to your local license bureau, and they will direct you from there. These plates are treated like the general personalized plates throughout the state both in terms of price and availability of word or number combinations.

Where do I obtain a visitor's parking permit?

Visitor permits are available at the University Police Department.

How do I request a copy of my transcript?

To request a copy of your transcript, please call the Registrar's Office at 800.633.1175 or 660.562.1151. You may also visit the Registrar's website.