A-Z Index

Complaint Resolution

Northwest strives to meet the expectations of all students, families, employees and community members. We recognize that sometime we may fall short of that goal. In order to address your concerns we recommend the following process.

Administrative Areas

If you feel that you need to file a complaint it is recommended that you discuss your concern with the director of the administrative office in which the complaint occurred. The website should provide you with the information you need to communicate with. If you are speaking to the Director of the department, the person to speak with would be the Northwest Leadership Team Member responsible for the area.

Academic Areas

If you have a complaint regarding a faculty member or instructor, the course of action to take would be to talk to the Departmental Chairperson followed by the Dean of the College.

The University also utilizes a Comment Card system to allow you to file a signed or unsigned comment. These cards are routed through the President's Office and to the supervisor of the area. Action will be initiated within five business days of receiving the complaint. 

If you feel that your complaint is not being addressed, the Missouri Department of Higher Education does have a mechanism for you to file your concerns at the state level. The MDHE complaint policy may be found at . This webpage contains information about the complaint process and includes instructions for how to file a formal complaint. Note that the policy provides that a student who wishes to file a complaint with the department must first exhaust all formal and informal avenues provided by the institution to resolve disputes.