This website is best viewed in a browser that supports web standards.

Skip to content or, if you would rather, Skip to navigation.

Northwest Missouri State University

Current International Students

+ Expand All- Collapse All

Campus Resources

Airport Shuttle Sign-Up

Return to Northwest Shuttle - Fall 2017 Trimester

A shuttle from the airport, to the University, will be provided at no charge on the following day(s):

Sunday August 27, 2017 5 p.m.
Sunday August 27, 2017 9 p.m.

Multicultural Organizations

Calendar of Events

  • This information will be posted in the future. Please continue to check back for any updates. Thank you!

Health Insurance Information

All international students enrolled at Northwest Missouri State University will be enrolled in the University sourced health insurance through LewerMark Student Medical Insurance.

Students are billed in August for coverage from August 15 through December 31 and again in January for coverage from January 1 through August 15.

Students who graduate from Northwest will need to purchase a short-term insurance, outside of the University.  LewerMark Student Insurance has a number of plans available to students on OPT.

Students in exchange programs, short term non-degree programs, and government sponsored students need to report to the International Affairs office and file their insurance coverage.

View a plan summary on the international student insurance »

LewerMark offers a variety of services included in your plan, including a 24/7 medical help line as well as counseling and legal services:

MyNurse 24/7
Medical Help Line


Speak with a nurse about your health, illness or where to go if you feel sick or are injured.

  • Friendly, experienced, Registered Nurses help you decide what your best choices are.
  • Assistance with any Health Issues or Questions
  • General Health and Wellness Information


LewerMark Student Assist
Counseling and Legal Services


The Counseling Center is a safe and secure way for students to get short-term counseling on issues including:

  • Stress Management
  • Anxiety, Depression
  • Substance Abuse
  • Legal Advice

Immigration and Legal Information

Obtaining a Social Security Number

If you have been offered (and accepted) a job on campus, you now qualify for a Social Security Number (SSN). To obtain a Social Security Number you must follow these steps:

  • Obtain a job offer letter from your new campus employer (Letter #1)
  • Request a letter of Full Time enrollment from Registrar’s Office (Letter #2)
  • Bring letter #1 and #2 to International Programs to complete SSN Authorization letter request (Letter #3) 
    Note: Leave paperwork at International Prrograms front desk for processing (24 hours)
  • Take all documents to the Social Security Administration (SSA) office

    Documents needed at SSA:
    a. Passport (with Visa)
    b. Printed I-94
    c. Accurate and up to date I‐20 (current address,major, etc.)
    d. All three letters: Letter of Job Offer, Letter of Full Time enrollment, SSN Authorization Letter

To apply for a Missouri Drivers License (and you don't have a job on campus) you will need to go to the Social Security Administration Office and get a DENIAL Letter. 

Social Security Administration Office
518 W South Hill Dr.
Maryville, MO 64468
(877) 833-2731 

For more information consultation on Obtaining a Social Security Number(SSN)

How to apply for Missouri Driver’s License

How to apply for Missouri Driver’s License

  1. Go to Driver License Bureau located on 423 North Market Street, Maryville, MO (660) 582-5391 to get a Driver’s license manual or download it from This is the book for driving laws in Missouri and the United States. You will have to study this book and pass the written PERMIT test.
    Note –
    In addition to English, Missouri currently administers driver's license exams in Bosnian, Chinese, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese. If you wish to take the test in one of the above mentioned languages ask about the availability of the driver license manual in that particular language from the employees at the Driver’s License Bureau.
  2. Obtain a Social Security Number (refer to SSN tab above) 
  3. Bring the following documents to the Driver’s License Bureau –
    1. Passport
    2. Visa
    3. Print I-94
    4. Social Security Card or Denial Letter
    5. Letter of full time enrollment at Northwest (can be obtained from the Registers’ Office , located on the second floor of the Administration Building.
    6. Proof of Address (Can be a letter sent to you, with your name and current address on it)
  4. Take the PERMIT test. If you pass you are entitled to a DRIVER PERMIT. You may only drive with some over the age of 21, currently holding a valid driver’s license, present in the car.
  5. Take the DRIVER  test. If you pass you may drive legally in the United States.
  6. For more information consult the Missouri Department of Revenue, Driver License page
  8. If you choose to purchase a car after you get your driver license, remember to make sure you obtain the following documents for the car. The TITLE and INSURANCE for the car. Driving a car without either one of these documents is illegal in the United States.
  9. All licensed cars will be taxed as personal property on January 1st of each year. This means you will be paying a sum of $50-$150 each year around the month of December.


Access I-94

To obtain a hard copy of your I-94, visit the I-94 retrieval webpage & start the retrieval process. You will need to know the following information to retrieve your electronic I-94:

Family Name
First (Given) Name
Birth Date
Passport Number
Country of Issuance
Most Recent Date of Entry
Class of Admission

Once you have supplied the above information, your electronic I-94 will appear on your screen. You may then print your I-94.

Staying Legal

Maintaining F-1 Status

To "stay in status" follow the simple steps below:

  • Report to the DSO (Designated School Official) for Initial Registration in SEVIS upon arriving at the school
  • For the first entry for initial school attendance, the school listed on the visa and the I-20 must be the same
  • Pursue a “full course of study” at the school listed on the currently valid Form I-20 during every academic session or semester except during official school breaks, or unless approved under a specific exception, in advance, by the DSO
  • Make normal progress towards completing the course of study, by completing studies before the expiration of the program completion date on the Form I-20
  • Keep Form I-20 valid by following proper procedures for extension of stay
  • Keep Form I-20 valid by following proper procedures for change in educational levels of programs of study
  • Keep Form I-20 valid by following proper procedures for transfer of schools
  • Abide by the F-1 grace period rules, including remaining in the U.S. for no longer than 60 days after completing a full course of study, unless prior to completing the course of study the student has followed procedures for applying for practical training, moving educational levels, or school transfer
  • Report a change of address to the DSO within 10 days of the change, so that SEVIS can be updated. You must also change on CatPAWS or at Registrar's Office.
  • Abide by rules requirements, such as Special Registration requirements
  • Do not work off-campus, unless specifically authorized by the DSO

Reinstatement for F-1

Reinstatement refers to returning to legal status. If you fail to maintain legal status, you have to make an appointment with the Office of International Programs and you will guided through the following steps:

  • Conditions for approval for reinstatement
    • Have not been out of status more than 5 months prior to filing for reinstatement
    • No record of repeated violations
    • Pursuing education full-time
    • Are not engaged in unauthorized employment
    • Not deportable on any grounds other than the status violation for which reinstatement is being requested
    • Status violation resulted from either:
      • Circumstances beyond control
      • Failure to apply in a timely fashion for a reduced course load authorized by the DSO, but only if the violation would have been within the DSO’s authority
  • Procedures for applying for reinstatement
    • Provide the DSO with all the documents necessary to issue a new Form I-20
    • Write a letter of explanation addressed to BCIS
    • Complete and sign Form I-539
    • $195.00 fee

Part-Time Enrollment Authorization

You may enroll part-time IF:

  • You are a freshman in your first semester and you are having difficulty with English.
  • In your last semester before graduation and are taking all required classes to complete your degree.
  • Illness or Medical Condition.

Program Extension

If you have an I-20 and the program completion date (In item 5 on your I-20) is before the date you will graduate, you need to extend your program (aka: Extend my I-20). Please come to International Programs before the date on your I-20 and ask to have your program extended. You will need to schedule an appointment for this meeting.

  • Requirements to be eligible for extension of program:
    • Contact DSO and update SEVIS before program completion date
    • Continually maintained status
    • The delay in completion is “caused by compelling academic or medical reasons, such as changes of major or research topics, unexpected research problems, or documented illnesses”
  • Academic probation or suspension are not acceptable reasons for program extension


Transferring Out

Transfer policies:

  • Maintain immigration status at Northwest
  • The course of study at the new school must begin within five months of the end of the course-of-study at Northwest, or the release date set by Northwest, whichever is earlier
  • Students on OPT must begin their course-of-study within five months of the end of OPT, or the release date set by Northwest, whichever is earlier
  • Must be eligible for a Form I-20 at the NEW school
  • The proper transfer procedures must be followed in SEVIS within the required deadlines.

If you are planning to transfer to a new school, please follow these steps:

  • Apply for admission to new school(s)
  • Submit transfer form for the new school(s) to Northwest DSO, if applicable
  • Submit an acceptance letter from NEW school to Northwest DSO
  • Complete the Transfer Intent form

Transfer Intent Form

Submit transfer documentation to the front desk of International Programs or by email to

Best of Luck in your new school!

Transferring In

  • We are happy you are considering Northwest! Please visit the Admissions website for more information about how to apply. If you have questions about the visa process the Director of International Programs can answer those for you. Please e-mail  

F-1 Student Record Retention

The Offices of International Affairs, English as a Second Language, and Study Abroad will retain records of I-20’s for F-1 students for a limited period of time.

  • Initial transfers – one year after transfer date
  • Students who do not attend – one year after program start date
  • Transfer student – five years after transfer date
  • Terminated status – five years after date of SEVIS termination
  • Post-graduation – five years after date of graduation or OPT end date (whichever is later)
  • Change of status – five years after the decision date
  • International exchange students – five years after program completion

F-2 Dependents

International Students have several options to bring family with you or to visit you. Please read this section to determine which option works for your circumstance and follow the instructions to get the help you need from our office. A good starting place to determine how people should come to the US is through the State Department's travel website

  1. Bring a dependent spouse (wife or husband) or child(ren). You will need to assist your dependents to get an F-2 visa from the US Embassy or Consulate nearest you. To begin this process, you will need to request the Office of International Programs to create an F-2 dependent I-20 for you. Future students should add this information to their application packets. If you are a currently enrolled international student, submit the items (below) to the Office of International Programs in person or mail:
    Office of International Programs
    800 University Drive
    Maryville, MO 64468

    Tel: 660-562-1367
    1. Bank account information showing funds to cover the estimated yearly expenses for each dependent. Calculate this amount by using your estimated costs on your I-20 and add US $10,000 for each dependent.
    2. A new bank statement and Statement of Support form for the same amount (dependents should be supported by finances controlled by the F-1 student, but personal circumstances are taken into the advisement process, please be detailed with your situation for our staff to consider your case intelligently).
    3. Submit the information page of each dependents passport (should be modern machine readable passports).
    4. For children, submit a copy of the birth certificate.
    5. For spouse, submit a copy of the marriage license. 
    6. If the new I-20 needs shipped, please submit the shipping charges

Inviting Non-Dependent Relatives and Friends to Visit the U.S.

Invite people to see you. Friends or relatives will need to have a tourist visa to enter the USA to visit you for a short time (less than  90 days). A B1/B2 visa is used just for visiting. To get this visa, you can go to the US Embassy or Consulate page nearest you and look for the Visas to the US tab at the top of the page. You will look for the Non-immigrant visas page. Some countries are required to have a tourist visa to visit and some countries are part of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). You need to determine if they are from a VWP country or not.

If they need to obtain a visa (Non VWP country) prior to coming to the United States, some US Embassies and Consulates require you to get an invitation letter as part of the package needed to apply for a tourist (B1/B2) visa.  You can get an invitation letter by filling out the following form: Sign up for Relatives visit request form.  After you fill out the form to invite people and submit it to International Programs, the letter can be picked up the following business day at the International Programs Front Desk.

Remember: An invitation letter from the Office of International Programs is NOT permission to the United States. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your country will first decide if your guest can get a visa using the letter and other evidence required. The Port of Entry (i.e. Immigration Official in the Airport/Border) will determine if they will accept the visa.

Work in the USA

Working in the USA

While your first priority is studying, you may want to gain important experience and/or earn a little spending money. Working on campus is a great way to do this. Working on campus 20 hours per week during school can pay for living costs, but not for tuition. You should not expect to pay your own way with a job. A rough calculation of a typical student employee wage would be around $400 per month ($7.90/hr x 15 hours a week less taxes).

Finding a job is your opportunity to get experience with the American job search process.  We recommend that you start early.  Search for on campus positions by visiting the Student Employment website.  Career Services provides students with a platform to develop career related decision making processes through events, web resources, videos and services.  Update your resume and visit International Student Resources for more details.

Some interesting international student immigration regulations and campus policies will shape your choices:

  • All students are able to work on-campus for only 20 hours a week during school
  • 40 hours during a school break (vacation)
  • Employment opportunities are those positions which support the student body

Off-Campus Employment

  • Only offered to those who have unforeseen economic hardship, internship with an International Organization or Special Student Relief program
  • Student must be issued an EAD (Employment Authorization Document) card from USCIS (US Citizenship and Immigration Services)
  • Authorized for 20 hours a week during school
  • 40 hours a week during a school break (vacation)

Severe Economic Hardship

  • Definition: loss of financial aid or on-campus employment without fault on the part of the student, substantial fluctuations in the value of currency or exchange rate, inordinate increases in tuition and/or living costs, unexpected changes in the financial condition of the students source of support, medical bills, or other substantial and unexpected expenses.
  • Procedures
    • Contact Dr. Jeffrey Foot to complete the process
    • Statement describing the unforeseen hardship situation
      • Letter from home stating the change in family circumstances
      • Proof of currency devaluation in the students country
    • Explain why other employment options are unavailable or insufficient
    • Complete Form I-765 (c) (3) (iii)
    • Obtain 2 Passport style photos
    • $380 fee

Curricular Practical Training (CPT) for F-1 (International) Students

CPT allows international students to work off campus in paid positions if the work involved will satisfy requirements for internship credit. Students must be enrolled full time for at least two regular semesters (I.e. Spring and Fall at Northwest Missouri State). Students transferring from other schools should make an appointment with the International Programs Director to determine eligibility. If the proposed internship (work) satisfies the institutional requirement to be an internship position in your field of study, CPT authorization will be given by the Director of International Programs. To obtain CPT, please follow the process outlined in Student Procedure below.

  • Definition: an integral part of an established curriculum
  • Must provide a letter from the Company stating the location, start date and end date, hours per week, and job description (see below for letter sample)
  • Must provide enrollment proof or letter from academic advisor stating the integral part this training will provide for the curriculum
  • Duration: 1 Year less a day. Full-time status of CPT for more than one year will eliminate eligibility for OPT
  • Available full time during the summer (May to August) or part time during the school year (August to May)
  • Students must also comply with all full time enrollment requirements in fall and spring to maintain status (i.e. cannot "take a semester off to do an internship.")
  • Summer CPT authorization is valid anywhere in the United States.
  • Fall and Spring semester CPT will be authorized for locations within a reasonable drive from Maryville (Des Moines, Kansas City, Lincoln, Omaha, etc.)
  • All CPT authorizations for paid internships will be processed and approved by the Director of International Programs.

It is the student’s responsibility to understand if their major requires or recommends an internship. If it does, they are responsible for finding, applying, interviewing, and accepting employment. Employment must begin after CPT is authorized on their I-20. Students should be aware CPT takes advance planning. The job should start at least one week after you have accepted the job offer. International students must also realize all other immigration regulations governing your stay in the United States should be understood for impact and how they support or restrict the CPT experience.

Please refer to the following links to begin the procedure. You may want to print each to take with you accepting a position.

  • Student Procedure (Sample View PDF)
  • Employer Procedure (Sample View PDF)
  • Academic Advisor Procedure (Sample View PDF)
  • Faculty Procedure (Sample View PDF)
  • Job Offer Letter (Sample View PDF)

Optional Practical Training for F-1 Students (OPT)

How to Apply

Submit the following items to the Office of International Programs. Allow at least 48 hours for in-house processing. Once received and reviewed, an OPT Requested Form I-20 will be issued for signature. The average processing time with USCIS is 90 days.

  1. Form I-765 View PDF, completed and signed by the student, marked with the standard code on item 16 (c)(3)(B)
    1. I-765 filing fee in the form of a check or money order, for $410, payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
    2. Two identical immigration-style photos, taken within the last 30 days
    3. Form I-20 printed with the OPT endorsement, signed by the DSO and student on page 1 and signed and dated by the DSO on page 2
    4. Photocopies of all prior Forms I-20
    5. Photocopies of any previous employment authorization documents (EAD cards)
    6. Photocopy of Form I-94
    7. Photocopy of the passport ID pages
    8. Photocopy of the F-1 visa page
    9. Form G-1145 View PDF
    10. OPT Processing Fee

Once your EAD is received by the Office of International Programs, you will receive an email to confirm your current mailing address. Once confirmed your EAD and OPT Approved Form I-20 will be sent to you via FedEx.


  • The DSO recommendation must be made in SEVIS, and the I-765 and OPT Requested I-20, must be received by USCIS no sooner than 90 days before the end of the program or 60 days after the program end date.
  • The Form I-765 and I-20 must be received by USCIS no later than 30 days after the DSO's OPT recommendation.
  • While your application is pending, you can check your case status through the USCIS website.
  • The duration is one year for employment, less one day maximum and must be used within 14 months of program completion
  • Students on OPT have a maximum of 90 days unemployment.
  • You cannot begin employment until the start date on your EAD.
  • Employment must be related directly to the student's course of study.
  • After the expiration date on your EAD, you have 60 days to exit the country, receive a new Form I-20, or be in processing for H1-B or residency.
  • While on OPT, you must update any changes in your address and employer to the Office of International Programs at Northwest Missouri State University within 10 days.

STEM Extension - Optional Practical Training for F-1 Students (OPT)

How to Apply

Submit the items listed below to the following address:

Northwest Missouri State University
International Involvement Center
800 University Drive, OL 108
Maryville, MO  64468

Allow at least 2-3 business days in-house processing. Once received and reviewed, an OPT Requested Form I-20 will be sent to you via FedEx for signature. Once received, the student will sign the Form I-20 and submit it back to the IIC, at which time the application will be sent to USCIS.  

  1. Form I-765 View PDF, completed and signed by the student, marked with the standard code on item 16 (c)(3)(C)
  2. I-765 filing fee in the form of a check or money order, for $410.00, payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
  3. Two identical immigration-style photos, taken within the last 30 days
  4. Form I-20 printed with the OPT endorsement, signed by the DSO and student on page 1 and signed and dated by the DSO on page 2
  5. Photocopies of all prior Forms I-20
  6. Photocopies of any previous employment authorization documents (EAD cards)
  7. Photocopy of Form I-94
  8. Photocopy of the passport ID pages
  9. Photocopy of the F-1 visa page
  10. Copy of your diploma
  11. Copy of employment letter
  12. Form G-1145 View PDF
  13. OPT Extension Processing Fee
  14. Contact information, including current mailing address, email, and phone number
  15. Form I-983 completed by the student and the employer

Once your EAD is received by the Office of International Programs, you will receive an email to confirm your current mailing address. Once confirmed, your EAD and OPT Approved Form I-20 will be sent to you via FedEx.


  • Students may file for the 24-month extension up to 90 days before the expiration date on the EAD.
  • The Form I-765 and I-20 must be received by USCIS no later than 60 days after the DSO’s OPT recommendation.
  • The 24-month extension begins on the day after the expiration date on the EAD.
  • A student who has timely filed an application for the 24-month STEM OPT extension with USCIS can continue working while the STEM extension application is pending, for up to 180 days beyond the expiration of his or her prior post=completion OPT EAD.
  • While the application is pending, students can check their case status through the USCIS website.
  • During standard post-completion OPT, a student may not be unemployed for an aggregate of more than 90 days.  If a student receives a 240month STEM OPT extension, the limit on unemployment is raised to an aggregate of no more than 150 day, applied to the entire period of standard post-completion and STEM OPT.
  • Employment must be related directly to the student’s course of study AND the employer must be registered with the E-Verify program.
  • After the expiration date on your EAD, you have 60 days to exit the country, receive a new Form I-20, or be in processing for H1-B or residency.
  • While on the STEM OPT extension, students are required to make a “validation report” to the DSO every six months starting from the date the 24-month extension begins and ending when the student’s F-1 status ends, the student changes education levels at the same school, the student transfers to another school, or the 24-month OPT extension ends, whichever is first.  Validation reports are required, even if the student’s employment has not changed.

OPT Reporting

While participating in OPT, you are required to report any changes in your name, address, or employment to Northwest. Once submitted, the DSO will update your SEVIS record. Updates are due within 10 days of any change.

To report your OPT participation or make changes, please complete the online reporting form »   


What to do if you are sick or not feeling well

If you are injured or severely ill (sick), call 911.

If you are not injured but feel sick and are not sure what you should do, the Office of International Programs recommends you to take the following steps:

  1. Go to the LewerMark webpage for Northwest to learn about your plan and the doctors and hospitals that are close to you. In Maryville, St. Francis Hospital is in our network. 
  2. Call Nurse Hotline First (FREE) The Nurse Hotline is a FREE service provided by your health insurance. You have already paid for it. This service lets you consult a healthcare professional, talk to them about your problems are and ask them what the right thing to do is. All this is at no extra cost.
    For Example –“My stomach hurts what should I do?”
    Nurse Hotline: 866-549-5076
  3. Wellness Center (SOME BUT NOT ALL SERVICES INCLUDED IN UNIVERSITY FEES) Wellness Services provides clinical health care to Northwest students. The designated wellness fee paid by all students covers the cost of routine office visits and co-pays (there may be charges applied to your account for procedures, labs, injections and medication costs that are not covered by insurance).  If you are sick or injured, you can schedule an appointment with Wellness Services by calling (660) 562-1348, or you can schedule a clinic appointment online at
    Wellness Center is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
    University Wellness Center Website
  4. Doctors Appointment ($50) If you have already called the Nurse Hotline or visited the University Wellness Center and believe that you need to speak with a specialized doctor. You can call and make an appointment with a specialized Doctor at St. Francis Hospital. Your student sickness and accident insurance policy may cover some or all of the expenses. For more information on health insurance and what it covers, check out the health insurance tab located right below this one.
    Phone: 660 562 2525
    2016 South Main Street, Maryville, Missouri 64468
    St. Francis Hospital & Health Services Website
  5. St. Francis Emergency Room ($50) “Going to the Hospital” should only be done in cases of extreme medical emergency. During business hours of 8 to 5, you can go to the drop in clinic located on the right of the main exit. St. Francis Hospital’s Emergency Room is located on the left of the main entrance.
    Phone: 660 562 2525
    St. Francis Hospital & Health Services Website

    To request for an Ambulance
    Call - 911 

Tax Information

Student Tax Return

As an international student or scholars in the US you are obligated to file a US tax return during your stay. Understanding the US tax system and filing a tax return is an overwhelming and confusing experience for any student.

That’s why, to make things easier for you, Northwest Missouri State University has teamed up with Sprintax - an online tool specifically designed for international students and scholars which helps you prepare your federal and State return in less than 20 minutes!

Why should you file a Tax return?

  • The most important reason to file a return is that it is a legal requirement of the United States. Failing to file may impact the status of your current visa and make future US visa applications difficult.
  • Avoid penalties – If you miss the April 15th deadline you may face late filing penalties. Filing prior to this date prevents this, so the earlier you file, the better.
  • You may be owed a tax refund – most international students filing a tax return are due a tax refund for overpaid tax. The average refund is $800 - $1000. It’s worth checking if you are due a refund.

Get Started With Sprintax

  1. Register here
  2. Complete each section
  3. Sprintax will prepare your tax return
  4. It will be available for download in your online account.

Traveling home?

Traveling Checklist

Students planning a short term visit (less than 5 months) outside of the United States should follow this checklist:

  1. Are you traveling to your home country or another country (NOT your home country)? If you are going to another country, go to the website of that country’s Embassy in the USA to find out about visa requirements before you travel.
  2. Make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months after departure
  3. Get a travel signature on your I-20. (The International Programs Front Desk will process this for you).
  4. Ensure you have a valid visa to reenter the USA (see section below)
  5. Check to make sure your bill is paid and you are registered for classes in the following semester.

Visa Renewal

Note: If your visa will expire or is expired you do not need to travel home just to renew it. You are allowed to maintain status in the USA past your visa expiry date. For more questions about F-1 visas and Duration of Status, visit 

All F-1 visas holders are admitted to the US for Duration of Status (F-1 D/S).

Sample of I-94 indicating this:

I-94 form

However, if you plan to travel home and you have an expired visa or it will expire while you out of the country, then you must renew your visa to enter the USA again.

Renew your visa

Renewing is very similar to getting a new visa; you need to show the same documents plus some new information.

Go the Non-immigrant visa section of the US Embassy or Consulate closest to your home in the country of your citizenship or residency:

Each Embassy or Consulate has some basic procedures, but the best information is found at the Embassy Consulate closest to your home. Sample of US Embassies and Consulates visa renewal pages:

Generally Required

  1. All F-1 visa applicants need to fill out DS 160 and 156 applications.
  2. Show I-901 fee receipt (SEVIS Fee). If you have maintained status then your old receipt will work. If you have been out of status or out of the US for more than 5 months, then you need
    to pay again.
  3. Updated I-20
  4. Financial information
  5. Other documents as requested

From Northwest you will need to request the following documents:

  1. Get a travel signature on your I-20. (The International Programs Front Desk will process this for you).
  2. Show enrollment in classes after you return. (A CatPAWS printout is fine)
  3. Show official transcripts of current academic performance (Transcript Request)

If, after reading this page closely, you still have questions, please contact the Director of International Programs with the Subject Line: Visa renewal question.