Welcome to University Wellness Services!
Office Hours: 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday
University Wellness Services, located on the northwest corner of campus in the Wellness Center, delivers high quality care to Northwest students. Wellness Services provides a multitude of services for our students, including:
- Health Education and Promotion
- Personal Development and Counseling
- Outpatient Clinical Services
- Public Health Services
- Nutrition Services
Along with these, Wellness Services is a key player in many other campus initiatives and programs, including suicide prevention, sexual violence prevention and response, substance abuse prevention and response, and behavioral guidance and support efforts. Wellness Services also partners with Athletic Training to provide on-site medical care to Northwest student athletes. For more information, click the "Our Services" link on the left side of the page.
At University Wellness Services, we believe that wellness is a way of life and involves achieving a balance among mind, body, and spirit. Our approach to wellness with Northwest students involves education, prevention, and promoting self-responsibility in maintaining one's own health.
Wellness Services focuses on the six dimensions of wellness (physical, social, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, occupational) of every student, every day, through inspiration, promotion, and knowledge.
Diversity and Inclusion
Wellness Services values serving a culturally diverse campus. Our staff members participate in the Social Justice Institute and SafeZone Trainings to better understand and serve the needs of students from a variety of cultural backgrounds, such as students of color, international students and LGBTQ students.
All services conducted by Wellness Services are kept confidential. Your health record is a private matter between you and your healthcare provider, and Wellness Services is committed to complying with all HIPAA and FERPA guidelines as it relates to your right to privacy. Wellness Services will not disclose protected health information without your written permission.
Schedule Clinic Appointments Online
The Wellness Portal is a web-based service that provides 24-7 access to Wellness Services. Northwest Missouri State University students login to the Wellness Portal with their University Username and Password (the same credentials used to access Email, or MyNorthwest). The Wellness Portal allows students to:
- Schedule Clinic Appointments Online
- Complete Visit Questionnaires Prior to Your Clinic Visit
- Receive and Send Secure Messages to Wellness Services Nursing Staff
- Complete Clinic Forms, Including Health History, TB Screening, Consent to Treatment, and Notice of Privacy Practices
University Wellness Services
800 University Drive
Maryville, MO 64468
Northwest students can schedule clinic appointments by phone, in person, or online using the Wellness Portal at http://wellness.nwmissouri.edu.
If you require medical attention outside of regular business hours, please contact your own healtcare provider, call 911, or go to the St. Francis Hospital Emergency Department.
If you have a question about your condition after hours, the Community Health Line is available. Their registered nurses are available to answer questions and provide quality health information. This local service is free and confidential and is offered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please call 1.800.455.2476 to access this service. THIS SERVICE IS ONLY ACCESSIBLE USING A LOCAL PHONE.
Emergency Phone Numbers
St. Francis Hospital
St. Francis Mental
Sexual Assault Hotline
6 Dimensions of Wellness
At University Wellness Services we believe wellness encompasses every facet of our lives and is essential in maintaining a balance among mind, body, and spirit. All six wellness dimensions are equally important and are all related. Our approach to wellness with Northwest students involves education, prevention and promoting self-responsibility in maintaining one's own health.
- This dimension involves your finances, finding fulfillment in your job, and establishing balance between work and leisure time.
- This dimesnion explores the desire to be a lifelong learner and involves critical thinking, creativity, and curiosity.
- This dimension considers overall health and what you need to do to maintain a healthy quality of life including engaging in physical activity, healthy eating and participating in preventative medical care.
- This dimension considers how you relate and connect to others, our community and the environment.
- This dimension helps to establish peace and harmony in our lives by discovering meaning and purpose in life through values and beliefs.
- This dimension involves your feelings, emotions, reactions and cognition, all of which help you to cope with the emotional challenges of life.
Wellness Services provides Northwest Missouri State University with presentations that cover a variety of health topics. If you are interested in a presentation for your class, group, or organization, please contact:
Health Educator, Wellness Services
Phone: (660) 562-1348