Pay It Forward Fund
Northwest Missouri State University has available for students a Pay It Forward Fund, administered through the Office of Student Affairs.
The purpose of this fund is to provide assistance to Northwest students who are struggling financially, while engaging them in the resources available to be successful financially, socially and academically. Such purposes include, but are not limited to, supplemental textbooks and course supplies, unexpected medical costs, tuition assistance, emergency transportation needs, and so forth.
Learn more about the Student Affairs Pay It Forward Fund
The Student Affairs Pay it Forward Fund is administered with the following guidelines:
- Individuals applying for loans must be a Northwest student or someone seeking assistance to be allowed to (re)register for classes.
- Fund limit will be assessed with the help of the Financial Aid Office and Pay it Forward Committee.
- Processing may require approximately 1-2 business days.
- Northwest employees are not eligible for loans.
- Upon approval of the loan, checks may be picked up from the Northwest Foundation Office during posted office hours (check processing may take an additional 1-2 days). Funds can also be sent directly to the cashiering office. A student ID card must be shown as identification if picking up the check.
Fund Withdrawal Request
- Students can apply for the Pay it Forward Fund through the Student Affairs Office, second floor, Student Union. Prior to approval, the student must meet with the Financial Aid Director or delegate.
- Students must repay the loan by serving community service hours, and/or committing to tutoring assistance if needed or mentor others if academically successful. Possibly other options depending on the student circumstance.
- Final approval of fund will be at the discretion of the Vice-President of Student Affairs.