Welcome to Northwest Missouri RPDC!
The mission of the Northwest Regional Professional Development Center is to build the capacity of educators and schools to maximize student performance through high quality professional development.
Professional development and support for schools is delivered through regional learning centers comprised of content specialists with expertise to meet school/district needs. These teams model a collaborative, seamless learning community and facilitate goal-alike networks to promote and sustain effective schools.
- Raise achievement for all students and close the achievement gap among subgroups.
- Increase the quality of teachers and administrators in the region.
- Increase reading, math, science, and social studies achievement in the region through the high quality professional development of teachers.
PD Training Opportunities
- Boot Camp for Special Education Teachers June 22 & 23
- Learner-Focused Instruction July 1 & 8
- Creating a Standards Based IEP to Access Grade Level Standards July 18 & 19
- Effective Practices for the Speech Implementer July 20 & 21
- Understanding Dyslexia July 27 & 28
- Co-Teaching: A Step Beyond Class-Within-A-Class August 1 & 2
- Self-Determination and Transition August 4 & 5
- Para Educators: In the Know and Ready to Go August 9 & September 12
- Quick Start DLM: MAP-A for Beginners August 30
- MAP-A: Using DLM as an Instructionally Embedded Tool September 16
Just as the quality of instruction that students receive has a tremendous impact on their performance, the quality of mentoring that new teachers receive can significantly influence their development.
FIRST YEAR TEACHER INDUCTION AND MENTORING
This system of support and optional in-district coaching provides a district with the infrastructure to develop a confident beginning. Both the new teacher and mentor need to register. Please contact NWRPDC for more information regarding the in-district coaching.
SECOND YEAR TEACHER INDUCTION AND MENTORING
Continued support is available for both the second-year teacher and mentor in year two of the two-year induction process. Both the teacher and mentor need to register.