Northwest Missouri State University Residential Life is a community of people with respect for diversity. We welcome students with an array of differing backgrounds. The opportunity to make friends with people of different backgrounds and gain a better understanding of the world is one of the advantages of a diverse community. In the spirit of celebrating diversity, residents are encouraged to learn about and appreciate people of different races, genders, ages, ethnicities, ablebodiedness, sexual orientations, socioeconomic status, or religious affiliations. Each person has worth and will be treated with dignity and respect. Northwest and the Department of Residential Life practice equal opportunity and will not condone discrimination.
First Year Residential Experience
First Year students will acclimate to the University by experiencing personal and interpersonal growth.
- Provide an environment that requires interaction leading to connections.
- Facilitate social and educational experiences that enhance learning and engage students within their community.
- Maintain a culture that allows students to explore their autonomy within the Northwest community.
The First Year residential experience will inspire students to invest in and take responsibility for their academic success and personal development.
- Expect personal responsibility in all facets of a students’ University experience.
- Assist in the exploration of academics as an integral part of day to day living.
- Offer various opportunities designed to develop a deeper understanding of leadership and self.
First Year students will have an exceptional residential experience.
- Enable our professional and student staff to cater to student need and development through intentional interactions and high quality customer service.
- Invest in and expect well maintained, high quality facilities and amenities to meet satisfaction and safety standards.
- Continue to evaluate, assess and seek innovative ways to improve the First Year Residential Experience.
Residential Life has granted permission for the following vendors to market directly to our students.