Diversity & Inclusion Statement
The Department of Residential Life at Northwest Missouri State University fosters an inclusive environment focused on:
- Safety: Creating communities free of bias, assumptions, and discrimination
- Respect: Demonstrating behaviors of kindness and compassion towards yourself and others
- Growth: Challenging each other to learn and understand themselves and others
First Year Residential Experience
First Year students will acclimate to the University by experiencing personal and interpersonal growth.
- Provide an environment that requires interaction leading to connections.
- Facilitate social and educational experiences that enhance learning and engage students within their community.
- Maintain a culture that allows students to explore their autonomy within the Northwest community.
The First Year residential experience will inspire students to invest in and take responsibility for their academic success and personal development.
- Expect personal responsibility in all facets of a students’ University experience.
- Assist in the exploration of academics as an integral part of day to day living.
- Offer various opportunities designed to develop a deeper understanding of leadership and self.
First Year students will have an exceptional residential experience.
- Enable our professional and student staff to cater to student need and development through intentional interactions and high quality customer service.
- Invest in and expect well maintained, high quality facilities and amenities to meet satisfaction and safety standards.
- Continue to evaluate, assess and seek innovative ways to improve the First Year Residential Experience.
Residential Life has granted permission for the following vendors to market directly to our students.