- Certification in Administration; Baker University, 2002
- M.A. Elementary Education; Baker University, 2001
- B.S. Elementary Education; Northwest Missouri State University, 1990
- B.S. Early Childhood; Northwest Missouri State University, 1990
Grade Levels Previously Taught
- Reading Coach - Kindergarten through 5th Grade - Lee County School District, Fort Myers, FL
- First Grade Instructor - Lee County School District, Fort Myers, FL
- Kindergarten Teacher - Liberty Public Schools, Liberty, MO
Areas of Special Interest
I LOVE books! I enjoy reading them, sharing them, and teaching with them. My greatest joy is watching my students learn new concepts through reading, creating mental images while reading and sharing their interest of reading with others. I thoroughly enjoy literacy and literacy development, and anytime that I can share my passion of reading with others puts a smile on my face.
Favorite Thing About Teaching
Each and every day is a new adventure in our classroom. When every student walks through the door, is excited to be there, is ready and eager to learn, and shares their joy of learning with their peers, it is truly an enjoyable thing to see. My students all are involved in forming a community of learners within our classroom, and this sense of community is my favorite thing about teaching.
I enjoy spending time with my family. I love to read, and enjoy spending time in my craft room creating jewelry, quilting, scrapbooking, crocheting and knitting. As a family, we love to attend Bearcat Football and Basketball games. BEARCATS!
Favorite Children’s Book
I read so many books as I was growing up, that I don't have a favorite. I love the "classics" - books that have meaning to me in certain times of my life. Charlotte's Web, Island of the Blue Dolphins, The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory are just a few of my favorites.