Getting Started | Positions Available | Resources | GA Handbook
Are You Eligible to Apply?
- Must be Fully Accepted in a Graduate Program
- Must Have a Minimum GPA of 3.0 in 8 hours of Graduate Work OR
- 2.75 GPA in Undergraduate Degree
- Can Only Hold One Position
Are You Eligible to Continue Your G.A. Position?
- Must Enroll/Successfully Complete 9 hours with 6 hours at the Graduate Level
- Must Maintain a 3.0 GPA Continuously
What is the Financial Benefit?
- Stipend of $6,000 a year (3,000 per trimester)
- Up to 100% tuition/fee waiver (except technology fee)
What Else Needs to be Done Other Than the Application?
- 1 Letter of Recommendation
Check out the Career Services page for help on resumes, interviews, etc.
How can I find out what graduate assistantships are open? How do I apply?
- Also a list of all GA’s can be found at graduate school--> financial assistance--> graduate assistantships.
Do I need to fill out more than one application if I plan on applying/inquiring about more than one assistantship?
- No, students only need to fill out ONE application, the graduate office keeps all graduate assistants applications here in the office.
Who should I get my GA references from? Can the person be off campus? On campus? Where do they return them to?
- The references can be from anyone of your choice. We generally recommend on-campus references (advisor, professor etc.) International students may use their references that they used for their application if they wish.
- The recommendation form can be returned directly to the Graduate Office and will be attached to your application.
Do I have to have my GRE/GMAT scores in before I can be a GA?
- YES! Scores must be received by our office before the first day of the trimester in which you are a GA.