Grants Coordination Office
The Grants Coordinator works with University and regional members of
the community to prepare applications for external funding in support of
Northwest Missouri State University's mission. The Coordinator is
tasked with helping to demystify the grant-writing process and for
providing concrete support to aspiring University applicants in support
of the institution's academic mission.
Services offered by the Grants Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying public funding programs and private national, regional and local funders.
- Informing University and community constituents about potential
funding streams that could support the projects or programs they wish to
- Linking members of University and regional communities to promote collaborative partnerships.
- Working with the NLT, Deans, Chairs, Directors, faculty and staff to develop projects that are worthy of funding.
- Regularly meeting with University and community members to solicit "wish lists" in support of long-term institutional growth.
- Working with applicants to define project goals, measures of success, and other important program components.
- Developing sound budgets.
- Acting as a liaison between applicants and potential funders.
- Editing applications (as time allows).
- Preparing the necessary documents and submitting application packets.
- Authoring and co-authoring grant proposals (as appropriate).
- Serving as a resource for Directors during the implementation phase of funded projects or programs.
- Assisting Directors with report writing.