Directory
A-Z Index
 
 (Photo by University Photography)

J.W. Jones Student Union
Office | General Use

Built

1950

Sq. Ft.

113,653

Contact

Nikki Bucy

About

The opening of this structure in 1952 fulfilled a long-time dream of J.W. Jones, the sixth president of the University. A renovation and addition completed in 1999 more than doubled the size of the building. The building's dining facilities underwent a complete remodel during the summer of 2013 to add national brands such as Einstein Bros. Bagels and Chick-fil-A, along with added conveniences for students.

The J.W. Jones Student Union, or Student Union on second reference, is a split-level structure with three floors. The basement is commonly referred to as the first floor, and the "ground floor," as accessed from the east union plaza, is commonly called the second floor.

The building houses the offices of Student Involvement, Student Affairs and Campus Dining as well as the Student Engagement Center, International Involvement Center and the Bearcat Bookstore. Dining areas in the Student Union are The Jones on the second floor and Bearcat Commons on the first floor.

Named facilities inside the union take initial capitals: the First Ladies Dining Room, the Living Room, the Boardroom, the Ballroom, the Tower View Room. Designations such as meeting room A or B are so expressed.

Floor Plans