Directory
A-Z Index
 
 (Photo by University Photography)

Colden Pond
Structure

Built

-

About

Colden Pond is located on the south portion of campus, near Colden Hall and the Joyce and Harvey White International Plaza. It was originally called Lamkin Lake after Northwest President Uel Lamkin, who led Northwest from 1921 to 1945, and was inspired to construct the water feature. The pond quickly became known as Lamkin's Folly during its early days because it would not retain water. After the problem was resolved, the pond was stocked with fish and became a pleasant oasis for the campus community. In the 2000s, Colden Pond underwent renovations to expand and deepen it to create a better environment for fish and prevent the growth of algae.