Directory
A-Z Index
 
 (Photo by University Photography)

Thomas J. Gaunt House
Private Residence

Built

1875

Sq. Ft.

4,578

Contact

Denise Jasinski

About

Located across from the Alumni House on the south end of campus, the Gaunt House was constructed in 1870. The Classical Revival structure has been the home of University presidents since the founding of the institution in 1905. The house was constructed by a retired sea captain whose tree nursery was located on what is now the main campus, and it was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.