A-Z Index

Step-by-Step Guide To Transferring

  1. Complete the application for admission and submit it to the Office of Admissions. To obtain an application, call the Office of Admissions at (800) 633-1175 or apply online. There is no application fee if you apply online. Those who apply by paper must send a $25 application fee, which is refunded after you enroll.
  2. Have official transcripts sent from all other colleges and universities you have attended. In addition, if you are currently enrolled at a college or university, please request that a final transcript be sent at the completion of the semester or quarter.
  3. Check to see that you have a minimum 2.00 or "C" grade-point average.
    • You must have this to transfer. If not, you may be reviewed for probationary status. If you transfer with fewer than 24 credit hours, you also will need to supply a high school transcript and ACT or SAT scores for evaluation.
  4. If you are an education major, you must have your ACT or SAT scores sent to Northwest to be eligible for certification and admission to the professional teacher education program.
  5. Visit Transferring Credit to Northwest for a list of articulation agreements with two-year schools. A Course Equivalency tool also is available to see which classes transfer to Northwest. If your school or the information you need is not available, call us at 800.633.1175.
  6. Once the admission decision has been made and you have been accepted, make sure you have your financial aid transcripts sent from the college or university you attend.
  7. Read all correspondence from Northwest. Information to follow will include residential life, transfer orientation, registration, fees and scholarships.