Call University Police and they'll put you in touch with an advocate 660.562.1254
You are not alone.
Children and Family Center
660.562.2320 or 660.562.3544
National Sexual Assault Hotline
- Every 2 minutes someone in the United States is sexually assaulted
- 1 in 4 women will be victims of a sexual assault
- Approximately 1 in 33 men will be a victim of sexual assault
Studies on campus violence by the American College Health Association found that approximately 15-20% of female college students report being the victim of rape and approximately 5-15% of college men admit forcing intercourse on a partner (Carr, 2005).
A 2009 National College Health Assessment survey of NWMSU students revealed that out of 620 students:
- 122 have been verbally threatened
- 36 have experienced stalking
- 29 have been physically assaulted
- 14 have been in a physically abusive intimate relationship
- 12 have been in a sexually abusive intimate relationship