Policies and Fees
- Video services are provided based upon the strategic needs of the university. The emphasis of video services will focus on student activities and marquee events relating specifically to new student recruitment, promotion of university departments and academic merits.
- Assignments which are personal nature will be declined. For instance, retirement parties are considered personal in nature as the end user is an individual and not the university.
- The method of video capture will revolve around the principles of photojournalism.
- Fees for video services will be charged for supplying videos on tangible media supplied by Video Services. Please note that mass production of video DVDs is not a service we currently provide.
- Faculty or staff who need video production services, which is post-production, not capture, may supply their digital video media for editing. These post-production services will be provided on an as-available basis.
- Photo and video services equipment are not currently available for check out.
- Existing raw video produced by the Video Services will be shared with university personnel who can provide appropriate storage and express an appropriate end use.
- However, video services will not taken on assignments for the purpose of supplying raw video. However if an assignment serves the university's strategic plans, then the assignment will be considered.
- University personnel wishing to use existing video in Power Point presentations may do so, but they will need to provide appropriate storage and be prepared to edit the video provided.
Use of Official University Photos
- All university photos are copyright protected.
- Official University photos distinguish the official marketing message of Northwest Missouri State University.
- To maintain the official message, photos are not released for personal projects.
- Personnel wishing to create printed materials should begin their project by contacting the design services team in University Relations.
- Digital manipulation of university photos is not allowed outside of University Relations/Photo Services.
- We support University publications to reflect Northwest Missouri State University. Photo Services supports official University publications with digital images for use by the University Relations design team.
- Faculty or staff intending to use university photos in their publication should start their project by meeting with the design team in University Relations.
Free Services Provided
- University departments are not charged for photo services that serve the University strategic plan or purpose.
- A University purpose promotes the institution's interests such as promoting academia, recruiting students and maintaining financial support.
- Digital photos will be provided free of charge for University web pages, Power Point presentations by faculty/staff.
- Faculty/staff and students may have their headshots taken for academic publications such as academic organizations at no charge.
- Faculty/staff members traveling for official University business may have passport photos taken at no charge.
Northwest has an online reprint service, which allows you to view and purchase reprints online with a credit card. Photos are posted upon request. Photos sold to the public are sold for personal use only and may not be used otherwise without permission.
- Request for reprints are subject to fees; including gifts for students, faculty/staff, donors and alumni.
- Photo reprints for office decorating, departmental scrapbooks and personal uses can be purchased online.
Photo and Videotape Policy (from Handbook)
Northwest takes photographs and videotapes of
students throughout the year. These images often include students in
classrooms, labs, residence halls, athletic events and other University
activities. Northwest reserves the right to use these photographs and
videotapes in the promotion of the University. Students who enroll at
Northwest do so with the understanding that photographs and videotapes may be
taken which would include them and which may be used in University
publications, newspapers and other media for promotional purposes including
advertising and marketing. Names of students may also be released to the press
regarding student involvement in academic and extracurricular activities."