This website is best viewed in a browser that supports web standards.

Skip to content or, if you would rather, Skip to navigation.

Northwest Missouri State University

Documentation Review Process

After the initial meeting with a LAP/S committee member:

  1. Your request for accommodations and documentation will be reviewed by the committee. Members of the LAP/S Committee will review your request. More relevant or current documentation may be requested. The sooner you begin the process, including appropriate documentation, the sooner the services can be provided.
    1. This is an example of some of the questions that may be asked by a committee member.
  2. You will be contacted by a LAP/S member.
    After the review has been completed, you will be contacted by a LAP/S member who will serve as your primary contact for services during your time at Northwest. If approved, your LAP/S contact will give you an accommodation letter outlining your accommodations that you will present to faculty and staff. This letter is recognized campus-wide as verification that you are a qualified student with a disability.
  3. You keep your accommodation letter.
    It is your responsibility to keep the accommodation letter, make copies of it and distribute it to your class instructors and other University personnel as needed each trimester. (The letter contains no confidential information about your disability).
  4. You practice independent learning.
    The LAP/S process is designed to foster an independent learning experience to assist in preparing you for the future. It is your responsibility to attend all classes, lab sessions, individual tutoring and mentoring sessions that enhance your potential for academic success. Tips for self-advocacy can be found in the Transition Guidebook (click on Missouri College Guidebook: Transition for Students with Disabilities) and
  5. You may have your accommodations reevaluated.
    A reevaluation may be initiated by contacting any LAP/S Committee member. In circumstances where students and the LAP/S Committee are unable to reach agreement on accommodations, appeals should be directed to the Faculty Senate Access and Accommodations Committee by contacting the ADA/504 Compliance Coordinator.