Starting an Organization
With more than 150 student organizations to choose from, it's hard to imagine wanting more! However, if you can't find a group that matches your interests, or if you have an idea for a new organization, we encourage you to take the initiative to form a new one.
1. Create a Name for your organization
2. Register as Newbie Organization through Office of Student Involvement
- This will give you temporary access to hang posters, reserve meeting spaces, etc.
3. Create Interest in your organization
- Must have 4 interested members
4. Get an Advisor
- Must be a full-time faculty/staff member of Northwest
5. Select a President
6. Register with Student Senate
7. Submit Organization constitution and bylaws
8. View Nuts & Bolts Prezi
9. Meet with Senate New Organizations Committee
- you will be sent an e-mail regarding your invitation
10. Attend Formal Recognition at Student Sent Meeting
- to be official you must complete this step!
11. Set up an on-campus account through Cashiering
12. Schedule Organizational Meetings
to reserve your rooms
13. Check Your Mailbox weekly
14. Get Involved!
- Hold Events
- Utilize campus resources to market and promote your events
- Work with other campus organizations
- Get invovled in Homecoming
- Participate in Student Organizational Fire (Spring & Fall)
15. Use Your Resources