2014-2015 Tryout Information:
Tryouts for the 2014-2015 Bearcat Steppers will take place on April 11 and April 12. Registration on April 11 begins at 5 p.m. and continues on April 12 at 9 a.m.
On the day of tryouts, participants will perform a 1 minute routine from home as well as learn and perform a one (1) minute jazz routine and a one (1) minute hip hop routine, as well as demonstrate various technical skills (jumps, leaps, turns, etc).
What should I bring?
- You must be enrolled or have been accepted to attend Northwest
- Completed Tryout Application (click here)
- $50 for tryout fee (cash or check only made out to the Bearcat Steppers)
- One letter of recommendation from a previous dance instructor or coach
- One 4x6 photograph of yourself
- Form fitting shorts or jazz pants with a green, white, or black top. Dance shoes
- Snack and water bottle for breaks
- One minute routine dance prepared and music on CD or Ipod
- A smile and a great attitude!
For additional information, please click on the FAQ link.
Bearcat Steppers must have applied and been accepted to Northwest Missouri State University. Once chosen to the team, the individual must be enrolled as a full-time student, and have a minimum 2.0 GPA.
· Scholarship (based on year with the team)
· University funding
· Involvement with Bearcat Athletics
· Help to spread school spirit and pride
· National Competition
These clinics are for anyone who is interested in trying out for the team. They will focus on technique and will provide instructions to mini routines to better prepare you for the tryout process. Clinics will be held on the following dates in Martindale Hall on the campus of Northwest:
Sundays Feb 2, 9, 16 & 23 (6-8 p.m.)
Below are related links for Stepper tryouts: Contact Mandi Derryberry at S516714@mail.nwmissouri.edu with questions