Sept. 28, 2007
Northwest Beats Missouri Western 3-1
MARYVILLE - (Box Score) Marti Trummer scored in the 60th minute and provided an assist in the 86th minute in help Northwest Missouri State soccer defeat Missouri Western 3-1 this afternoon at Bearcat Pitch.
The Bearcats improve to 3-6 and 2-3 in the MIAA. The Griffons move to 2-9 and 1-5 during MIAA play.
Both teams played to a scoreless game at half. Trummer scored her first goal of the season at 59:21 off an assist from Krista Pollman to put the Bearcats on the board at 1-0.
Three goals were scored in the final 10 minutes with Kendra Stirn tying the game at one in the 83rd minute. Amy Jackson converted on the first penalty kick of the season for the game-winning goal.
Amanda Deml notched her fourth goal of the season in the next minute, moving into a tie for 10th in all-time season records. Trummer's assist was her second of the season, as she increases her career assists record to 11.
Trummer and Deml led all players with six shots, helping Northwest outshoot the Griffons 20-13. Seven Bearcats recorded a shot on goal in today's game. Lauren Hodgson made three saves for Northwest.
Northwest ends its five-game home stand tomorrow as No. 6 Central Missouri travels to Bearcat Pitch for a 4 p.m. game.
- Jackson is 4-of-4 on penalty kicks in her career.
- Trummer's four shots on goal are the most for her since Sept. 3, 2005 vs. Missouri-Rolla.
- Deml moves into seventh in career shots with 82.
- Jackson and Trummer both move into a tie for 10th in career goals, recording their fifth. Both are tied with Shannon FitzGerald and Krista Obley.
- Trummer moves into seventh in career points with 21.
- Northwest is now 3-0 when Deml scores.
- Northwest is 4-0-1 against Missouri Western all-time.
- The Bearcats have won three of the past four games. It's the best record in that span since Oct. 4-15, 2006.
- Today's 3-1 victory was the largest margin of victory against the Griffons
- First win by more than one goal since a 2-0 victory over Emporia State on Sept. 24 - largest margin of victory at home against a conference opponent since Nov. 2, 2004.
For more information, please contact:
Phillip Dowden, Media Relations/Sports Information
firstname.lastname@example.org | 660.562.1118 | Fax: 660.562.1582
Lamkin Activity Center | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468