Nov. 30, 2012
Bearcat Athletics announces basketball promotion schedule
The MIAA season gets under way next month when the Bearcats host conference newcomer Lindenwood on Wednesday December 5th; the women tipoff at 5:30pm and the men will follow at 7:30pm. The Bearcat men are looking to defend their 2011-12 MIAA regular season championship and are currently ranked #17 in the latest NABC poll, while the Bearcat women, who are off to a 4-2 start, will look to move up in the standings under first year head coach, Mark Kellogg.
All dates and times are subject to change.
- December 5th vs. Lindenwood (5:30pm / 7:30pm) Free Pizza & T-Shirts-- First conference home games of the season; Northwest students will enjoy free pizza and receive a free Bearcat shirt. (while supplies last)
- December 8th vs. Nebraska-Kearney (1:30pm / 3:30pm) Christmas in the Ville – Help celebrate Christmas in the Ville! Fans are encouraged to support the teams while dressed in their Bearcat holiday gear. Bobby Bearcat will also be dressed in his Christmas attire and available for pictures.
- February 2nd vs. Emporia State (1:30pm / 3:30pm) Youth Day-- Head Coaches Ben McCollum and Mark Kellogg invite all future Bearcats grades 6th and younger to wear their basketball jerseys to receive free admission. Bearcat players will be available at halftime of the women’s game and prior to the men’s game for autographs and pictures.
- February 16th vs. Washburn (1:30pm / 3:30pm) Northwest Student Organization Day- All campus groups and organizations are invited to attend and support the Bearcats. The Northwest American Marketing Association (AMA) will have shirts for sale to help promote each student organization and prizes will be given to those groups with the best attendance.
- February 20th vs. Missouri Western (5:30pm / 7:30pm)–Pink Zone Game: Fans are encouraged to wear pink in support of breast cancer awareness and help the Bearcats knock off the Griffons.
- March 2nd vs. Truman State (1:30pm / 3:30pm) -- Senior Night: The Bearcats will recognize the careers of their senior student-athletes prior to each game in the last regular season game of the year.
Bearcat Athletics will also be partnering with several other sponsors throughout the season for additional promotions during the year. More information and details will be available on northwestbearcats.com and through the Bearcats social media outlets: https://www.facebook.com/bearcatsports or http://twitter.com/bearcatsports
For information on tickets for group or corporate outings, please contact Nate Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact:
Phillip Dowden, Media Relations/Sports Information
email@example.com | 660.562.1118 | Fax: 660.562.1582
Lamkin Activity Center | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468