Feb. 6, 2008
Men's Basketball Ranked Third in Regional Rankings
MARYVILLE, Mo.-Northwest Missouri State's men's basketball team is ranked third in the South Central region in the latest rankings released by the NCAA. The Bearcats sit behind Tarleton State of the Lone Star Conference and MIAA-leader Southwest Baptist. Southwestern Oklahoma State and Fort Hays State round out the top five.
Northwest is 13-6 overall and 5-5 in the MIAA. The Bearcats are 10-6 against Division II opponents and 9-6 against in-region foes.
Northwest next takes on Emporia State Thursday followed by Central Missouri Saturday. Both games are on the road.
NCAA South Central rankings:
1. Tarleton State (15-2, 12-2)
2. Southwest Baptist (12-4, 12-4)
3. Northwest Missouri State (10-6, 9-6)
4. Southwestern Okla. State (14-3, 14-3)
5. Fort Hays State (8-5, 8-5)
6. Central Oklahoma (13-4, 13-4)
7. St. Edward's (14-4, 12-3)
8. West Texas A&M (14-4, 12-3)
9. Texas A&M-Kingsville (12-6, 12-6)
10. Angelo State (13-7, 13-7)
* - records are Division II overall record / Division II in-region record
For more information, please contact:
Media Relations Department, Northwest Athletics
email@example.com | 660.562.1118 | Fax: 660.562.1582
Lamkin Activity Center | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468