Media PoliciesNorthwest Missouri State University Athletic Media Relations will provide pre-game notes, cumulative statistics, media guides and game programs prior to each Bearcat home game. Complete game statistics will be available approximately 10-20 minutes after the conclusion of each game.
The Northwest press box will house the media, as well as media relations personnel. Requests for credentials should be made through the Northwest Athletic Media Relations Office no later than 48 hours before each home game.
The Northwest Athletic Media Relations Office is located directly behind the Bearcat Arena press box in Lamkin Activity Center. Contact Northwest Athletic Media Relations at 660-562-1118 during the day or 660-562-8868 during the evening.
Statistics, press releases, media guides and other Northwest material may also be found on the official Northwest Athletics web site.
Requests for press and broadcast space in the press box for all Northwest home games may be made in advance by contacting the Northwest Athletic Media Relations Office. Space will be given to accredited media personnel who regularly cover Bearcat events.
Photographers must display proper credentials at all times and must remain within NCAA-designated photo areas.
Each coach will be made available following the game for comments and a post-game interview. Selected Bearcat players will also be available. No interviews will take place until the coach has had the opportunity to address the team and a 10-minute cooling off period has been allocated.
For all home football contests, a press conference with players and Coach Dorrel will be set up in the Navy Room, located on the west side of the stadium.
All other requests for player or coach interviews must be made through the Northwest Athletic Media Relations Office. Coaches and selected athletes will be made available at Northwest's weekly media luncheon, held Tuesdays at noon during the duration of the fall and winter seasons. Contact Northwest Athletic Media Relations with other questions or requests in regard to interviews.
Covering the Bearcats
The following is a list of media which regularly covers Northwest athletics:
- Maryville Daily Forum: Joey Falkoff, Sports Editor. Phone (660) 562-2424. Fax: (660) 562-2823.
- St. Joseph News-Press: Sam Robinson, Beat Writer. Phone (816) 271-8551. Fax: (816) 271-8692.
- Kansas City Star
- Northwest Missourian: Sports Editor. Phone (660) 562-1224. Fax: (660) 562-1521.
- KXCV Radio: John Coffey, Sports Director. Phone (660) 562-1830. Fax: (660) 562-1832.
- KNIM Radio: Matt Gaarder, Sports Director. Phone (660) 582-2151. Fax: (660) 582-3211.
- KZLX Radio: Ross Volkmer, Sports Director. Phone (660) 562-1165.
- KQTV Television: Lance Snow, Sports Director. Phone (816) 233-1606. Fax: (816) 233-7505.