Aug. 30, 2012
Bearcats vs. Tigers Fan Primer
MARYVILLE, Mo. – The No. 3 Northwest Missouri State football team will return to the gridiron Thursday night to play under the lights at Bearcat Stadium against East Central (Okla.) in the Bearcats’ only nonconference game of 2012.
The Bearcat athletics department has announced a number of changes to help increase the fan game day experience starting with a new ticketing system. Below are some new items along with reminders for Thursday’s season opener:
- The Hy-Vee Bearcat Zone opens two hours prior to kickoff and is still located in the Raymond J. Courter College Park Pavilion directly west of Bearcat Stadium. Fans can come and experience a family friendly tailgating atmosphere. Performances from the Bearcat Marching Band, Bearcat Cheerleaders and Steppers will precede the march to the stadium.
- Fans are encouraged to wear their red hats to Thursday night’s game has been announced as the Red Hat Tribute Game to remember former Bearcat head coach Scott Bostwick.
- All fans are encouraged to enter through either the Crawford Family Northwest Entrance on the west side of Bearcat Stadium or the Welton Ideker entrance at the southeast corner of Bearcat Stadium. The northeast entrance will no longer be an entrance point on game days.
- For fans’ security, all tickets will be scanned at the point of entrance using the individual bar codes that will be printed on all tickets. Re-entry to the stadium will not be allowed if fans leave prior to halftime.
- Season ticket holders are encouraged to look closely at their tickets before coming to the games, with the new system and it is critical that fans select the correct ticket from their season ticket packet. Always double check that the seat number, opponent and date are correct.
Kickoff for the season opener for the Bearcats is set for 7 p.m. as they host the Tigers.
For more information, please contact:
Media Relations Department, Northwest Athletics
firstname.lastname@example.org | 660.562.1118 | Fax: 660.562.1582
Lamkin Activity Center | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468