Aug. 17, 2012
Bearcats announce 2012 football promotions
MARYVILLE, Mo. – The Northwest Missouri State Department of Athletics has announced the promotional schedule for the 2012 Bearcat football season.
The 2012 schedule features five home games at Bearcat Stadium, highlighted by the annual festivities of Family Weekend and Homecoming. The recently renamed, Hy-Vee Bearcat Zone will open two hours prior to kickoff for each home game, and will feature performances by the Bearcat Marching Band, Bearcat Cheerleaders and the Steppers. Below is a list of promotional activities for the 2012 season:
- Aug. 30 – East Central: Red Hat Tribute Game - The Bearcats will continue to remember former head coach, the late Scott Bostwick. Fans are encouraged to wear their red hat to the 2012 home opener.
- Sept 15 – Fort Hays State:
Military Appreciation Day
- In partnership with the Missouri National Guard, the game day sponsor, the
Bearcats will don a custom green and camouflage jersey from adidas® and will
honor the service men and women of our nation. All active and retired
military personnel can purchase a discounted ticket for them and immediate family
(valid day of game only) with a valid military ID.
(Discounted ticket prices: Adult Reserved $10, Adult SRO $6, Student Reserved and SRO $5)
- Sept. 29 – Northeastern State: Family Weekend - Northwest welcomes parents and families to campus for Family Weekend. In addition to annual Family Weekend activities, recognition of the Northwest Family of the Year will occur at halftime.
- Nov. 3 – Emporia State: Homecoming - Northwest will celebrate Homecoming. Annual Homecoming activities include the Homecoming Parade, acknowledgment of the Homecoming King and Queen during halftime and postgame recognition of the Don Black Award winner.
- Nov. 10 – Missouri Western: Senior Day - The Bearcat football team will close out the regular season against the rival Griffons, along with recognition of senior football players before the game.
It is still not too late to purchase season tickets for the 2012 season as well. Fans interested in purchasing season tickets can do so in person at the Student Services Center on the first floor of the Administration Building or online at www.nwmissouri.edu/tickets. Act now because Wednesday, August 22 is the final day you can purchase a football season ticket for the 2012 season.
Fans are also encouraged to become a member of the Bearcat Booster Club and support each and every Northwest student-athlete. In addition, you will receive a wide variety of benefits and specials offers based on your membership level.
For more information, please contact:
Media Relations Department, Northwest Athletics
email@example.com | 660.562.1118 | Fax: 660.562.1582
Lamkin Activity Center | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468