Nov. 30, 2011
Northwest-Pitt State Playoff Fan Primer
MARYVILLE, Mo. – On Saturday, two of the premier football teams in Division II will renew their rivalry as Northwest Missouri State travels to Pittsburg, Kan. for a NCAA Division II National Quarterfinal matchup with Pittsburg State. The kickoff will be at 1 p.m. at Carnie Smith Stadium.
With two come-from-behind wins, the Bearcats hope to represent Super Region Four in next week’s semi-finals and avenge a regular season loss to the Gorillas. Northwest took a 38-31 overtime win last weekend against Midwestern State, and Pitt State scored 24 unanswered points in its 31-22 win over Washburn.
Listed below are details for fans who plan to make the trip to Carnie Smith Stadium as well as information on how fans who are not able to attend can follow Saturday’s game:
- Northwest fans traveling to Pittsburg are encouraged to gather prior to the game in the parking lot on the west side of the Weede Physical Education Building, off of Homer Street. Be sure to stop by the green and white Alumni Association tent for free giveaways beginning at 10:30 a.m. The Northwest fan section is located on the east side of the stadium. Click here for directions to Carnie Smith Stadium.
- Gates to Carnie Smith Stadium open at 11 a.m.
- Limited tickets for the game are still available through Pittsburg State. Order by phone at 620.235.4796 or online through the Pitt State Ticket Office at www.pittstate.edu/tickets.
- If you can’t make the game, catch the play-by-play action through the Bearcat Radio Network or the online internet webcasts. You may also listen live to streaming audio of KXCV at www.kxcv.org or by downloading the free NPR iTunes app.
- Follow the action live here with live stats courtesy of Pittsburg State. Live Stats
- Fans can watch Saturday’s game via webcast from the NCAA. Click here.
For more information on the NCAA Division II playoffs visit www.ncaa.com.
For more information, please contact:
Media Relations Department, Northwest Athletics
email@example.com | 660.562.1118 | Fax: 660.562.1582
Lamkin Activity Center | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468