Nov. 9, 2011
A message from head coach Adam Dorrel: The Playoffs Start Now
MARYVILLE, Mo. – Saturday may be the final time to watch 11th-ranked Northwest Missouri State at Bearcat Stadium as they host Emporia State in the regular season finale Saturday at 1 p.m. for Senior Day.
The Bearcat football team and head coach Adam Dorrel are encouraging fans to come out to Bearcat Stadium this Saturday as “The Playoffs Start Now!” Below is more information on Saturday’s regular season finale:
- Limited tickets remain for what could be the Bearcats final home game of 2011. Northwest is ranked No. 6 in Super Region Four and hold the final spot in the NCAA DII Playoffs heading into the final week of the regular season. The Bearcats need your support to secure a win and potential playoff berth. Ticket Information
- Bearcat Zone opens at 11 a.m. with food available for purchase from Campus Dining. The will also be performances from the Bearcat Marching Band, cheerleaders and Bearcat Steppers.
- 14 seniors will be honored pregame Saturday running into Bearcat Stadium for the final time. This senior class has won a remarkable 23 of 25 home games heading into Saturday’s game.
- With a win on Saturday the Bearcats would reach 10 consecutive home wins, marking the seventh time in school history the Bearcats have strung together a streak of 10 or more home wins.
- Northwest department of athletics will also honor former coach and athletic director Richard Flanagan at halftime. Flanagan will be inducted into the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame’s Inaugural Satellite Enshrinement Class later this month in St. Joseph.
- The Northwest department of athletics will also honor the 2010-11 women’s basketball team. Last year’s squad reached the Final Four last season during a historic 29-5 season. The Bearcats captured the MIAA regular season and tournament titles and swept through the South Central Region before falling in the national semifinals.
For more information, please contact:
Media Relations Department, Northwest Athletics
firstname.lastname@example.org | 660.562.1118 | Fax: 660.562.1582
Lamkin Activity Center | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468