Oct. 20, 2011
Homecoming Fan Primer
MARYVILLE, Mo. – The Northwest Missouri State Bearcats and Washburn Ichabods will renew one of the freshest MIAA rivalries on Saturday when the sixth-ranked Bearcats host the third-ranked Ichabods for a 2 p.m. Homecoming showdown.
The Bearcat athletics department is helping celebrate Homecoming week with a number of activities for students, alumni and fans.
- Friday the Bearcat volleyball team will host Southwest Baptist at 7 p.m. inside Bearcat Arena in league play. Also on Friday night Northwest Missouri State will induct four individuals and two teams into the “M” Club Hall of Fame. Ceremonies begin at 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday morning’s events begin with the Homecoming parade at 9 a.m. For more information on the parade visit here.
- Head Coach Mark Rosewell and the Northwest tennis team will host its annual Alumni Tennis match at the Frank Grube Tennis Courts starting at 10 a.m.
- The Bearcat soccer team will conclude its home schedule, hosting Lindenwood on Senior Day at noon at Bearcat Pitch. Pizza will be available prior to the match for fan appreciation, courtesy of Bearcat Athletics.
- The No. 6 Bearcat football team will host No. 3 Washburn in a Top 10 showdown at Bearcat Stadium at 2 p.m. The Bearcat Zone tailgate party opens at 11:30 a.m. at the Raymond J. Courter College Park Pavilion.
- Following the football game there will be a reception in the foyer of Lamkin Activity Center for Homecoming parade Grand Marshal, Dr. Patrick Harr, honoring his 37 years of service for Northwest athletics. Read more about Dr. Harr here.
- Northwest volleyball will conclude the day as they host Missouri Southern at 6 p.m. in MIAA action at Bearcat Arena. Admission to Saturday night’s match is free.
For more information, please contact:
Media Relations Department, Northwest Athletics
email@example.com | 660.562.1118 | Fax: 660.562.1582
Lamkin Activity Center | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468