Dec. 2, 2006
Quarterfinal (Dec. 2) Game Notes
Northwest Missouri State Game Notes vs. Chadron (Neb.) State - NCAA Quarterfinals - Dec. 2, 2006
- Northwest playoff record: 18-8
- Chadron playoff record: 1-6
- Northwest remains undefeated against Chadron State (6-0) in the first meeting between the two teams since Sept. 3, 1977.
- Josh Mathews needs 90 passing yards to move into a tie with father Kirk for seventh (career all games)
- E.J. Falkner needs one touchdown reception to move into a tei for 10th (career all games)
- First time Northwest has trailed this season
- First time Northwest has trailed at home since Oct. 22, 2005 vs. University of Central Missouri
- Touchdown at 7:30 in the first quarter by Chadron State is the earliest by an oppponent against Northwest this season; earliest since Oct. 29, 2005 against Pittsburg State (scored at 8:12 in the first quarter) - earliest at home since Spet. 18, 2004 against Missouri Rolla (9:24)
- The touchdown in the first quarter is the first allowed by a Northwest opponent at home - first time since Oct. 22, 2005 against University of Central Missouri.
- Tommy Frevert's missed field goal is the first since Oct. 28, 2006 against the University of Central Missouri
- First field goal missed at home since Sept. 23, 2006 against Missouri Western State University
- Chadron's interception in the second quarter was the first for the Eagles in four games.
- Eighth this season for Chadron - 18th interception for Northwest.
- Interception return by Ike Urum-Eke is his first career interception - his 49 yard return is the most off an interception this year for Northwest.
- Northwest has scored 86 points off turnovers (vs. 34 by opponents) this season.
- Omon's lost fumble today is his second in his last 767 rushing attempts
- Chadron's 327 yards of total offense is its lowest of the season, 101 yards below the season average for the EAgles. Previous low this season was 361 vs. Mesa State on Oct. 28.
- 28 points scored by Northwest is tied for the most allowed by Chadron this season - the other 28 points came against Adams State in the regular season finale on Nov. 11.
- Woodhead's 16 yards of rushing is the first time he has not reached 100 in 17 games. His 16 yards rushing is a career low (previous low of 28 vs. Minnesota-Duluth in his first career game in 2004). He has tallied only five games of under 100 rushing yards. Northwest has not allowed a 100-yard rusher in the past 17 games.
- Chadrons' 48 rushing yards is the fewest allowed in a playoff game for Northwest.
For more information, please contact:
Media Relations Department, Northwest Athletics
firstname.lastname@example.org | 660.562.1118 | Fax: 660.562.1582
Lamkin Activity Center | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468