Lamkin Activity Center/Bearcat Arena
The home of the Northwest men's and women's basketball programs and Bearcat volleyball program, Bearcat Arena has a seating capacity of 2,500 spectators. The facility also houses annual University commencement ceremonies and professional concerts as well as the practice facilities for the indoor track and field teams.
Bearcat Arena was constructed as Lamkin Gymnasium in 1959, replacing Martindale Gymnasium as the home of Northwest basketball. The facility underwent a $6 million renovation in the 1993-94 academic year with additions to the south and north of the original building. The south side received a new facade that included a fitness center in the basement, an expanded lobby and concourse on the first floor and coaches offices on the second floor. The Student Recreation Center was built onto the north side, featuring three basketball courts, five racquetball courts, a suspended jogging track and weight-lifting equipment.