The home of the Northwest Missouri State men's and women's basketball teams, Bearcat Arena has a seating capacity of 2,500 spectators. The facility also houses annual University commencement ceremonies and professional concerts, as well as the practice facilities for the indoor track and field teams.
Bearcat Arena was constructed as Lamkin Gymnasium in 1959, replacing Martindale Gymnasium as the home of Northwest basketball. The facility underwent a six million dollar renovation in the 1993-94 academic year with additions to the south and north sides of the original building. The south side received a new facade that included a fitness center in the basement, an expanded lobby, concourse on the first floor and coaches' offices on the second floor. The Student Recreation Center was built onto the north side.
The Bearcats have enjoyed an unprecedented 153-30 (.836) record in Bearcat Arena the past 12 seasons, including 14-0 marks in the 2002-03 and 2006-07 seasons.
Renovations to the men's basketball locker rooms prior to the 2006-07 season included new carpeting, 17 individual wooden lockers and a 42-inch flat-screen television. A sound system is also in place for the student-athletes to enjoy.