Latest Featured Columns by David Boyce
- Football rushes past St. Cloud State (12.7.13)
- Up-tempo Bearcats pick up win over Emporia (12.7.13)
- Freshman kicker steps into important playoff role (12.6.13)
- Women's Basketball drops conference opener (12.5.13)
- Crooker's career high leads Bearcats in win (12.5.13)
- Northwest advances with 45-21 victory over UMD (11.30.13)
- Bearcats, Duluth renew postseason rivalry (11.29.13)
- Senior Williams provides spark for Bearcats (11.29.13)
- Football's bye week spent refocusing, preparing (11.22.13)
- Crooker prepared for sophomore season (11.19.13)
Press Releases by Season
About David Boyce
David Boyce enters his third year as a guest columnist on the Northwest athletic website. Boyce spent more than 20 years covering high school and small college athletics at the Kansas City Star newspaper in Missouri. He's covered six of Northwest Missouri State's seven national championship football games and recently served as a guest columnist for the MIAA.
Boyce was named KIAAA Sportswriter of the Year in 1994. He covered boxing at the Star from 1991-2004 including Tommy Morrison and worked both championship fights between Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis. His 1997 exclusive story on Morrison becoming HIV positive was named an Associated Press Sports Editor top 10 feature for papers serving more than 150,000.
Boyce was born in New York City and was raised in Kansas City, Kan. He graduated from the University of Kansas in 1988 with a degree in journalism. He is currently one of three official scorers for the Kansas City Royals and is a contributing writer for the Royals Gameday magazine.