December 9, 2010
Bearcat Booster Club Meeting Minutes
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Booster Board Members Present: Linda Girard, Teri Harr, Rod Barr, Jerry Lutz, Michelle Drake, Dan Edmonds, Allison Hoffmann, Ray Courter, SAC President- Lauren Atkinson, Ex-Officio: Mark Clements.
Michelle Drake presided over the meeting in the absence of President Bob Rice.
Edmonds motioned and VanCleave seconded to approve the minutes from the previous meeting. Motion carried. Treasurer's report- $72,123.34 in treasury with $2,000 in commitments leaving $70,123.34 available. Lutz motioned and Girard seconded to approve treasurer's report. Motion carried.
- A. Weight Room- Joe Quinlin presented a want list of 11 items with a cost of $12,232.00.
- B. Athletic Training- Kelly Quinlin made a request to purchase a new electrical stimulation/ultrasound unit. Request is for $4106.03.
- C. Track-Tessa Koschel made a request for uniforms and equipment. Request is for $10,035.
Athletic Director's report- Mark Clements reported that the AD search continues. No definite announcement yet. Mark Fisher, one of the candidates, withdraw his application. Fall sports have ended except for football. Volleyball-made it to the national tournament where they were defeated by Washburn. Cross Country- both men and women finished third in the conference meet. Football- will be playing in Duluth this Saturday, Dec. 11th. MIAA meetings will be next week- new schedules will be decided on.
- A. Wt. Room-Discussion was held and suggestion made to explore possibility of professional development funds for certification and conference. Edmonds motioned and Lutz seconded to approve $11,232 for items 1-8, and item 11. Motioned carried.
- B. Athletic Training- Barr motioned and Edmonds seconded to approve $3905 for purchase of electrical stimulation/ultrasound unit. Motion carried.
- C. Track- Discussion was held regarding uniforms being part of operational budget. The program has expanded so the need is greater and is more difficult for track to raise funds. Barr motioned and VanCleave seconded to approve $2575 for equipment. Motion carried. Hoffmann motioned to approve $3730 towards uniforms. Motion failed due to lack of second. Lutz motioned and Barr seconded to approve $5000 towards uniforms. Motion carried.
VanCleave motioned and Edmonds seconded to adjourn; motion carried.