Thursday, July 12, 2012
Bearcat Booster Club Meeting Minutes
Thursday, July 12, 2012
Booster Members Present: Board – Dan Edmonds, Pat Haynes, Ray Courter, Jerry Lutz, Bob Rice, Todd Gray, Rich Mendenhall, Allison Hoffmann; ex-officio – Scott Nielson, Wren Baker; guest – Nate Davis, John Coffey
President Rice called meeting to order.
Lutz motioned and Mendenhall seconded to approve the minutes from the June 5, 2012 meeting, motion carried; Treasurer’s Report – General Fund is $37,727.71, after pending expenses of $1,786 for Soccer and $1,178 for Volleyball and $23,337.64 in Transportation - Courter motioned and Lutz seconded to accept the Treasurer’s Report, motion carried
Old Business –
Todd Gray was introduced as the newest Board member; the Fall Barbecue will be held Sunday, August 26; and the Volleyball laptop has been received
New Business –
- Bearcat Radio Network – Coffey reported that the network was formed in 1999; he asked that we consider a $2,000 underwriting program which would give us recognition at half-time at both football and basketball games, as well as pre-game and post-game mention
- Athletic Marketing Sponsorship – Davis asked that we consider a $4,000 commitment to promote Bearcat Booster Club through schedule card sponsorship, full-page color ad in the football game program, signage at Bearcat Stadium, and score table signage in Bearcat Arena
- Membership/Ticket Sale ideas – Nielson introduced the plans for a membership phone-a-thon drive and asked for assistance from Booster Club Board in making scripted calls. Proposed dates were July 24, 26, 31 and August 2, 7, 9.
Other Business – none
AD Report – Baker reported – Volleyball Coach Rinehart resigned to relocate closer to family – Amy Phelps will be interim coach for the year; coaches are preparing for fall sports; branding was awarded to Rickabaugh from Cleveland, OH – will be looking at all University and Athletic logos – specifically looking at Bobby the Bearcat to see if we want different Bobby back, also a potential child’s logo – all will take 6 to 9 months; corporate sponsorships in the past has been ala carte, goal is to grow corporate sponsorship by 10%, looking at St. Joseph market; Jeff Smith, Athletic Trainer has resigned and Nick Peters has replaced him
Actions Items –
- Bearcat Radio Network - Lutz motioned and Hoffmann seconded to provide $2,000 for purchase of underwriting program through John Coffey, motion carried
- Athletic Marketing Sponsorship - Courter motioned and Lutz seconded to provide $4,000 for Bearcat Booster Club promotions through Athletic Marketing, motion carried
Adjournment – Hoffmann motioned and Mendenhall seconded to adjourn. Next meeting will be August 9 – Lamkin Conference Room.