This website is best viewed in a browser that supports web standards.

Skip to content or, if you would rather, Skip to navigation.

Northwest Bearcats

March 11, 2010

Bearcat Booster Club Meeting
Minutes
Thursday, March 11, 2010

Booster Board Members Present: John Yates, Allison Strong Hoffmann, Jon Baldwin, Bob Rice, Rob Barr, Linda Girard, Jim Goecken, Teri Harr; Ex-Officio Present: Mark Clements, Dr. Bob Boerigter; Guests present: Kelly Quinlan, Jeff Smith.

Vice President Bob Rice called meeting to order until Jon Baldwin arrived.

Barr motioned and Yates seconded to approve the minutes of February 11, 2010, motion carried; Treasurer's report- Hoffmann motioned and Drake seconded to accept the Treasurer's report, motion carried.

Old Business- Clements reported on vehicle fleet. Hoffmann motioned and Barr seconded to allocate $35,000 to purchase two vehicles. Mark will contact Tri State to get a bid also.

New Business- Kelly Quinlan presented a request for $1500 to help the Graduate Assistants attend the annual national trainers meeting.

AD report- Boerigter thanked the board for their support and concern with his family's loss. The Dave Colt Training Room renovation is being planned. Need pledges of $70,000 to start project with a total of $100,000 needed for the project. He reported that we are still looking for a 2nd game for the football season. 2013 will be a full schedule. A one year contract was signed with Arrowhead and the game will be Nov. 13th. Prices will increase in the suite level. A proposal to the Board of Regents will be made for ticket price increase. Football tickets will go from $12 to $15 with $1 from ticket price going to reducing the debt on the facility. Basketball tickets will go from $10 to $12. Is also being proposed that you have to join the booster club to purchase season tickets. Another proposal to the Board of Regents will be to offer season ticket holders the opportunity to reserve a place to tailgate. Is proposed $10 for a spot in the upper lot and $5 a spot in the lower lot. Campus safety will police the lots. A portion of the money will go to campus safety. May be possible to reserve a spot. It was suggested that a higher level member could have a better spot.

Other Business- Membership Drive was discussed. Baldwin, Rice, Hoffmann, and Goecken will meet and bring proposal on membership levels to the next meeting.

Action Items- Yates motioned and Barr seconded to provide $2500 for the trainers. This motion was defeated 6-3. Hoffman motioned and Drake seconded to provide $1500 for the trainers to attend the national meeting. Motion carried.

Goecken motioned and Hoffmann seconded to adjourn, motion carried. Next meeting will be April 8, 2010.