Northwest Football Tailgating Policy
To ensure the safety and enjoyment of Northwest Missouri State University fans as well as all individuals on campus, please observe the following regulations on Bearcat football game days:
- Campus parking lots used for alcohol consumption in conjunction with tailgating activities will be lots 60, 62 and 63. These lots will be open on game days, however tailgating activities, including consumption of alcohol, may not begin until 4 hours prior to scheduled kickoff time and must be cleared within 90 minutes of the end of the game.
- Motor vehicles may occupy only one parking space.
- Motorhomes and RVs are only allowed in Parking Lot 63.
- Parking spaces may not be reserved or saved for others. Individuals who want to tailgate adjacent to one another must arrive and enter parking lots and/or tailgate areas at the same time. The tailgating activities are to be restricted to your vehicle space.
- Spaces are for parking only. Tailgating must be done either in front of or behind your vehicle and not in adjacent parking spaces.
- Parking lot traffic-ways may not be blocked for any reason and must remain open to vehicle traffic and emergency egress at all times.
- Household furniture intended for interior use such as couches and chairs are prohibited in parking lots and tailgating areas. Bag chairs, patio seating chairs and other outdoor furniture is the preferred seating for use in this area.
- Tailgating activities and alcohol are not permitted within the VIP lot.
Possession and Consumption of Alcohol
Alcohol may be possessed and consumed during tailgating activities within the rules outlined below.
Consumption of alcohol shall cease no later than the start of the 3rd quarter.
- Kegs and other common bulk containers are not allowed at any time. Aluminum and plastic containers are recommended for the safety of all fans. No glass containers are allowed.
- Possession and/or consumption of alcohol may take place only in parking lots 60, 62 and 63. No possession and/or consumption is allowed in the area known as the Raymond J. Courter College Park Pavilion. This area on game day is known as the HyVee Bearcat Zone.
- No one under the age of 21 is permitted to consume or possess alcohol.
- Anyone possessing and/or consuming alcohol shall possess valid photo identification establishing that he/she is 21 years of age or older and comply with a request to show such identification when requested by law enforcement, game security personnel or a university official upon request.
- Drinking games (included but not limited to beer pong) or other designed efforts that may promote excess drinking are prohibited.
- In an effort to maintain a safe and responsible atmosphere, no one may possess or consume alcohol from any device or apparatus designed to consume alcohol at a greater-than-normal rate of speed (including but not limited to funnels or beer bongs).
- The sale of beer and/or alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
- Possession and/or consumption of alcohol is prohibited outside of the designated tailgating lots (Lots 60, 62 and 63) with the exception of the suites at Bearcat Stadium.
- Failure to comply with this policy may result in criminal charges, loss of tailgating privileges and/or student disciplinary charges.
Trash and Recyclable Items
Each individual is responsible for making sure that the tailgating area and grounds are maintained in a clean and orderly manner. No trash or recyclable items are to be discarded anywhere except trash and recycling containers placed in proper bins supplied by the University throughout the tailgating areas.
For More Information
For any additional questions or clarification, please contact University Police at (660) 562-1254 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.