Nov. 11, 2011
Northwest announces basketball promotional schedule
MARYVILLE, Mo. – The Northwest Missouri State Athletic Marketing Department announced eight promotional dates during the men’s and women’s basketball season.
The home season for the Bearcats gets under next week when the men host Waldorf College on Tuesday Nov. 15 as the women tipoff on Friday hosting the Winstead-Reeves Classic. Tournament action begins on Friday and runs through Saturday with the Bearcats taking the court each night at 7:30 p.m.
The promotional and events schedule for the 2011-12 season is listed below. All dates and time are subject to change.
- Nov. 15 – T-Shirt Giveaway: The first 100 Northwest students receive a free Bearcat Basketball shirt as the men open their home season.
- Nov. 18 – T-Shirt Giveaway: Your second chance to get a free Bearcat Basketball shirt to the first 100 Northwest students in attendance.
- Nov. 30 – Pizza Night: The Bearcats open MIAA play against Emporia State while Northwest students in attendance will enjoy free pizza between the men’s and women’s game. Tipoff is slated for 5:30 p.m. for the women’s game with the men’s game to follow.
- Dec. 3 – Greek Night: more information to come.
- Dec. 7 – Christmas in the ‘Ville: Help celebrate Christmas in the ‘Ville at Bearcat Arena as the men and women take on Pittsburg State. Fans are encouraged to wear their ugliest Christmas sweater and enter the Ugly Sweater Contest. Bobby Bearcat will also be on dressed in Christmas attire and available for pictures between games.
- Jan. 7 – Youth Basketball Night: Head Coaches Ben McCollum and Gene Steinmeyer invite all future Bearcats grades 6 and younger to wear their jersey to the game for free admission and help cheer on Northwest as they host Truman State.
- Feb. 11 – Pink Zone Game: The Bearcat women will host their annual Pink Zone game to help support cancer awareness. The Bearcats will also be celebrating Valentine’s Day and are offering a Bearcat Sweetheart package; come to game with your Bearcat sweetie and receive two tickets for the price of one.
- Feb. 18 – National Girls & Women in Sports Day: The Bearcats will host a morning clinic at the Student Rec Center before Saturday’s game with Central Missouri for all girls ages 5 and up. The clinic will include various Bearcat athletic teams including the Bearcat Cheerleaders and Steppers giving young girls a chance to experience several aspects of sports and competition. The Bearcats also are asking fans to wear green as we “Go Green” against the Mules and Jennies.
- Feb. 25 – Senior Night: The Bearcats will recognize their senior student-athletes prior to each game as they host Missouri Southern in the last regular season game of the year.
For more information, please contact:
Phillip Dowden, Media Relations/Sports Information
firstname.lastname@example.org | 660.562.1118 | Fax: 660.562.1582
Lamkin Activity Center | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468