Nov. 10, 2008
Bearcat Weekly for the Week of Nov. 10, 2008
|Wednesday, November 12|
|Volleyball||Northwest hosts Missouri Western||Bearcat Arena||7 p.m.|
|Friday, November 14|
|Volleyball||Northwest at No. 9 Truman||Kirksville, Mo.||7 p.m.|
|Saturday, November 15|
|Women's Basketball||Northwest at South Dakota||Vermillion, S.D.||1 p.m.|
Volleyball (9-22 / 6-12 MIAA)
- Northwest wraps up the 2008 season at home against Missouri Western Nov. 12 and on the road at No. 9 Truman Nov. 14. Both matches begin at 7 p.m.
- Paige Spangenberg broke the season digs record against No. 14 Central Missouri Nov. 7 to improve her season total to 621. She has 1,214 career digs and needs 26 to move into sixth.
- Wednesday's match Nov. 12 will be the latest home volleyball match since 1998, when Northwest wrapped up the season Nov. 14 against Pittsburg State.
- Missouri Western has lost the last 19 road matches dating back to last season.
Women's Basketball (0-0 / 0-0 MIAA)
- The Bearcats start the 2008-09 season at South Dakota Nov. 15 at 1 p.m. The Coyotes finished runner-up in last season's Division II tournament and are starting their first year in transition to Division I status.
- Tara Roach led Northwest with 13 points and seven rebounds in an exhibition contest at Illinois State Nov. 8. Meghan Brue led the Bearcat rebounding effort with eight and recorded 12 points.
- Northwest earned a vote in the WBCA Preseason Poll released Nov. 18. Washburn was chosen No. 3 and Emporia State tied for 15th as the other MIAA schools represented in the poll.
For more information, please contact:
Phillip Dowden, Media Relations/Sports Information
firstname.lastname@example.org | 660.562.1118 | Fax: 660.562.1582
Lamkin Activity Center | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468