Feb. 16, 2009
Bearcat Weekly for the Week of Feb. 16, 2009
|Monday, February 16|
|Baseball||Northwest at Arkansas Tech (2/7)||Russellville, Ark.||2 p.m.|
|Wednesday, February 18|
|Baseball||Northwest at Henderson State (2/7)||Arkadelphia, Ark.||12 p.m.|
|Women's Basketball||Northwest vs. Truman||Bearcat Arena||5:30 p.m.|
|Men's Basketball||Northwest vs. Truman||Bearcat Arena||7:30 p.m.|
|Friday, February 20|
|Softball||Northwest vs. St. Mary's||Durant, Okla.||10 a.m.|
|Track and Field||Northwest at Central Missouri Classic||Warrensburg, Mo.||11 a.m.|
|Softball||Northwest vs. Southwestern Oklahoma State||Durant, Okla.||4 p.m.|
|Baseball||Northwest at Southern Arkansas||Magnolia, Ark.||6 p.m.|
|Friday, February 20|
|Men's Basketball||Northwest at No. 11 Central Missouri||Warrensburg, Mo.||11 a.m.|
|Softball||Northwest vs. Central Oklahoma||Durant, Okla.||12 p.m.|
|Baseball||Northwest vs. Southern Indiana||Magnolia, Ark.||1 p.m.|
|Women's Basketball||Northwest at Central Missouri||Warrensburg, Mo.||2 p.m.|
|Softball||Northwest at Southeastern Oklahoma State||Durant, Okla.||2 p.m.|
|Saturday, February 22|
|Softball||Northwest vs. Angelo State||Durant, Okla.||10 a.m.|
|Softball||Northwest vs. Newman||Durant, Okla.||2 p.m.|
Men's Basketball (11-12, 6-10 MIAA)
- Northwest hosts Truman Wednesday night before making its national television debut Saturday at No. 11 Central Missouri in an 11 a.m. game.
- The Central Missouri game will be shown nationally on CBS College Sports Network (formerly CSTV) and on MetroSports in Kansas City and through Mediacom in Missouri, Illinois and Iowa.
- The Bearcats have won eight of the last nine home games against Truman. The Bulldogs are 0-10 on the road this season.
- Northwest defeated then-No. 19 Central Missouri 61-57 Jan. 14 in Bearcat Arena to snap a seven-game winning streak for the Mules. Central Missouri has won its last eight games as of Feb. 16.
Women's Basketball (7-16, 3-13 MIAA)
- The Bearcats host Truman Wednesday night and travel to Central Missouri Saturday for a 2 p.m. contest at the UCM Multipurpose Building.
- Truman has lost its last 12 conference road games dating back to Jan. 20, 2007.
- Jessica Burton is averaging 19 points and shooting 50 percent from the field during the last four games.
- Meghan Brue needs 17 points to move into 13th career scoring charts, 22 to move into 12th and 51 to move into 11th.
Men's Track and Field
- The Bearcats will be making the first of back-to-back trips to Warrensburg, Mo., this weekend for the Central Missouri Classic Feb. 20. The UCM Multipurpose Building will host the MIAA Championships next weekend, Feb. 27-March 1.
- Tyler Shaw remains in fourth in Division II performance lists with 8.09 in the 60-meter hurdles.
- Ben McKim is eighth among Division II throwers in the shot put with 55-5 3/4. He is tied for fourth in program performer lists with his older brother, Daniel.
Women's Track and Field
- Northwest travels to Warrensburg, Mo., for the second time this season for the Central Missouri Classic Feb. 21.
- Hannah Henry returns to the same track she broke her 60-meter hurdle record. She ran 8.96 at the UCM Mule Relays Feb. 6 to become the first Bearcat to break the nine-second barrier.
Baseball (1-1, 0-0 MIAA)
- Northwest continues its Arkansas road trip with a doubleheader against Arkansas Tech Monday, a doubleheader at Henderson State and single nine-inning games at Southern Arkansas Friday and vs. Southern Indiana Saturday.
- Bret Harvel picked up his 10th career win against Arkansas Tech in the season-opening game of the 2009 season.
- Tim Beck hit three-of-five in the first two games of the season. He hit .381 at St. Louis Community College-Forest Park last season.
Softball (1-3, 0-0 MIAA)
- The Bearcats go back to Oklahoma for six games at the Southeastern Oklahoma State Tournament Feb. 20-22.
- Casey Carper is hitting .667 in the first four games of the season. She finished last season with .411.
- Senior Cola Krueger is 1-1 on the season with a 3.27 ERA. She made her 100th career appearance against East Central Feb. 14.
For more information, please contact:
Media Relations Department, Northwest Athletics
email@example.com | 660.562.1118 | Fax: 660.562.1582
Lamkin Activity Center | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468