Jan. 12, 2009
Bearcat Weekly for the Week of Jan. 12, 2009
|Wednesday, January 14|
|Women's Basketball||Northwest hosts Central Missouri||Bearcat Arena||5:30 p.m.|
|Men's Basketball||Northwest hosts Central Missouri||Bearcat Arena||7:30 p.m.|
|Friday, January 16|
|Track and Field||Northwest at Nebraska Holiday Inn Invitational||Lincoln, Neb.||4 p.m.|
|Sunday, January 17|
|Track and Field||Northwest at Nebraska Holiday Inn Invitational||Lincoln, Neb.||12 p.m.|
|Women's Basketball||Northwest at Southwest Baptist||Bolivar, Mo.||5:30 p.m.|
|Men's Basketball||Northwest at No. 2 Southwest Baptist||Bolivar, Mo.||7:30 p.m.|
Men's Basketball (6-8, 1-6 MIAA)
- Northwest returns home to face Central Missouri Wednesday night before traveling to face second-ranked Southwest Baptist Saturday night.
- The Bearcats have won 11 of the last 13 games against the Mules when playing in Bearcat Arena.
- Hunter Henry leads the MIAA in total rebounds (9.3/game) and offensive rebounds (3.43/game). He is the only player to rank in the top three of MIAA statistics in scoring (3rd), rebounding (1st), field-goal percentage (3rd) and blocked shots (2nd).
Women's Basketball (6-8, 2-5 MIAA)
- The Bearcats host Central Missouri Jan. 14 and travel to Southwest Baptist Jan. 17 in a pair of night games.
- Northwest has won the last four home games. A win against the Jennies would be the longest home winning streak since Nov. 16-30, 2006 (six-game streak).
- Meghan Brue has scored 10 or more points in the last 13 games, the longest active streak in the MIAA.
- Northwest has won the last six games played at Southwest Baptist.
Men's Track and Field
- After a month of rest, Northwest restarts the season at the Nebraska Holiday Inn Invitational Jan. 16-17.
- The Bearcats will be the only MIAA team at Nebraska and one of three Division II teams.
- Ben McKim has Division II's seventh-best shot put mark of 52-6 1/2, set at the Iowa State Holiday Preview Dec. 5.
Women's Track and Field
- Northwest will hit the track for the first time in more than a month with a trip to the Nebraska Holiday Inn Invitational Jan. 16-17.
- The Bearcats will have the chance to see MIAA-newcomer Nebraska-Omaha for the first time this season. The Mavericks were fourth in the North Central Conference indoor meet last season.
- Emily Churchman is 10th in Division II pentathlon standings this season. She recorded a program-record 3,252 points at Doane Dec. 12.
For more information, please contact:
Media Relations Department, Northwest Athletics
email@example.com | 660.562.1118 | Fax: 660.562.1582
Lamkin Activity Center | 800 University Drive | Maryville, MO 64468