Dr. Richard Field
- Ph.D. Philosophy; Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, 1987
- M.A. Philosophy; Michigan State University, 1981
- B.A. Philosophy; State University of New York College at Plattsburgh, 1979
- 39-171 Introduction to Philosophy
- 39-275 Introduction to Ethics--Professional Ethics
- 39-276 Introduction to Ethics--Bioethics
- 39-376 History of Ancient and Medieval Philosophy
- 39-377 History of Modern and Contemporary Philosophy
- 39-401 Senior Seminar
- 39-475 Aesthetics
- 39-490 Advanced Topics: The Philosophy of John Dewey
- 39-570 Metaphysics
- 39-579 Independent Study in Philosophy
- 39-590 Advanced Topics: Friedrich Nietzsche
- American Philosophy
- Early Modern Philosophy
- Value Theory
- Coeditor with Elizabeth R. Eames: S. Morris Eames, Experience and Value: Essays on John Dewey and Pragmatic Naturalism, (Carbondale: Southern Illinois University Press, 2003).
- "Pragmatic Failure and the Attribution of Belief," Journal of Philosophical Research, 32 (2007), 133-43.
- Coauthor with Thomas Alexander, "John Dewey," Dictionary of Literary Biography, v. 270: American Philosophers Before 1950 (Bruccoli-Clark, 2003), 56-88.
- Invited Presentation: "Belief and Pragmatic Failure," Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, April 2003.
Student Group Advisement
- Philosophy Club / Phi Sigma Tau, Missouri Tau
Other Professional Experiences
- Founding member, International Pragmatism Society, 2006-Present
- Southwestern Philosophical Society, 1999-Present
- American Philosophical Association, 1982-Present