Scheduled times for 2017-18 Housing Selection are over, but it's not too late! Open Selection is happening now!
Log into CatPAWS, click on the Housing tab, and navigate into the Housing System to select your Fall 2017 room or apartment now!
2017-18 Housing Selection Schedule for
December 1st - January 29th: Keep My Same Room
- For students wishing to keep their same room for 2017-18.
- If a current roommate is not returning, the current resident may pull in any student to be a new roommate during this phase.
January 30th – February 5th: Same Building, Different Room
- For students wanting to live in their same building, but a different room.
- Any current resident eligible to select during this phase may pull in any student, regardless of where that student lives.
February 6th-7th: General Room Selection with Room Fill Requirement
- Any student, any available space.
- When selecting, student groups must be able to fill all beds in the room.
- The vast majority of rooms are 2 or 4 person. Being able to fill a room and choose now will increase your chances of getting the space you want!
February 8th-16th: General Room Selection
- Any student, any available space, with no requirement to fill the room.
Selection of Rooms Happens Online!
- Logon to CatPAWS
- Click the Housing button.
- Click the "Enter Housing System" button.
- Click the "Enter Housing System" link.
- No Prepayment! You will see a button to make a $150 housing payment. This is for first time Northwest students who live on campus only. Students returning to on-campus housing do not need to pay.
- Under the "Current Bearcats" section, click the "Current Students" button.
- Under the "Housing Selection" section, click the "Select My 2017-18 Room" button.
- Follow the onscreen instructions from there.
Improve the Odds of Getting the Room You Want!
- The majority of students select their room during General Room Selection, starting February 6th. However, if you plan to live with someone already living in the building you want, they can pull you in as their roommate during earlier phases of the process!
- During General Room Selection, students who can fill the room/apartment they are applying get to choose before those who can't. If your roommate group has 4 students, even if they are all currently freshmen, they get to choose before (for example) a group of three seniors who would leave an empty bed.
- Can men and women live together? Yes! When you complete your housing selection, complete the Gender Neutral Agreement. This will unlock areas of campus that permit multiple genders living together for selection to you.
- Freshmen: Do you know that some of the policies are relaxed after your first year?
- Visitation hours are expanded to 24/7.
- Escorts are no longer required to visit opposite gender floors. In fact, all floors in upper-class housing are co-ed!
- Financial aid can help you pay your room and board costs. Most financial aid won't pay your off-campus rent or utilities.
- Did you know that South Complex has lofts? These spaces are two stories! There are three 4-person lofts and one 6-person loft. Two residents share individual bedrooms in the loft. Bathrooms are located on both levels of each loft.
- Thinking about living in the Forest Village Apartments? Good news!
- Your parking pass will be free with your paid housing fees!
- Forest Village allows pets! Cats and dogs under 25 lbs. are ALLOWED! We also permit small caged animals such as hamsters, guinea pigs, turtles, and gerbils.
- Be sure to review and follow the complete Pet Policy before bringing any pet to campus.
- Did you know there is a POD Convenience Store (similar to the Station, but a little smaller) in the FVA Community Building?
- Did you know that FVA residents are not required to have a meal plan? They also have the option of smaller 25/50/75 block meal plans that other residents don't get.
- On-Campus Utilities:
- Water: INCLUDED.
- Sewer & Trash: INCLUDED.
- Electricity: INCLUDED.
- Cable TV:INCLUDED.
- Internet: INCLUDED.
- Washer/Dryer: INCLUDED.
- All of these included off-campus? Water, sewer, & trash... maybe. Gas, TV and Internet? Forget it.
- Think you've found the perfect off-campus roommate? Talk to your friends. It's not always the case. Think your landlord is going to let you out of your lease because your roommate won't clean his or her share of the apartment? Think again! Stay on campus and:
- Our staff will help you resolve your disagreements and conflicts.
- If it doesn't work out, we will let you move to a different room.
- Grocery shopping is fun... the first time. Remember how easy it is to just to head to the Union or the Station and have food ready to go with no cooking involved?
- When it snows, we shovel the walks and clear the lots.
- Maintenance issues? Odds are pretty good that on campus maintenance will be a lot faster than off campus.
- Rolling out of bed 5 minutes before class... no problem because you live close by! Live off campus and you need to make time for the drive and the walk from commuter parking. If it's snowing, you don't have to worry about scraping snow and ice off your car either.
- Don't forget about safety. University Police patrols are able to give all parts of campus more attention than patrols for off campus apartment complexes.