This website is best viewed in a browser that supports web standards.
Skip to content or, if you would rather, Skip to navigation.
Advantages to Alternative Certification
- Qualified candidates teach while they complete certification requirements
- Graduate credit hours earned may be applied to a master's degree
- Provides a two-year provisional teacher certification (monitored by Northwest)
- Designed to work with the candidate's teaching schedule
- Classes provided in Maryville/St. Joseph area and Kansas City
- Candidates take part in a cohort learning experience
- Core classes designed specifically for alternative certification candidates
- University supervisors provide classroom supervision (observing, coaching, additional mentoring)